Analog Man Ibanez TS-9DX/808 Mods Overdrive Pedal
The TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer was created in 1998 by John Lomas at Hoshino USA to meet Ibanez (Hoshino's) marketing request for a tube screamer with different modes for output and distortion. It has an additional knob along with the old Drive, Tone, and Level knobs. The new knob is a 4 position MODE switch. The TS9DX has the EXACT same circuit as the original TS-9, but the mode switch changes some of the parameters of certain components of the original circuit.
The changes in the circuit for the 4 modes are :
1. Clipping diodes : there are several sets of diodes on new boards mounted on the control knobs, that are switched by the MODE knob.
2. Tone Capacitor : There are several capacitors on these new mini boards which are also switched by the MODE knob.
The four modes are described by Ibanez as :
1. TS9 : The classic TS9, no modifications.
2. + : Grittier than the original TS9.
3. HOT : Crunchier tone with boosted mids, like a wall of 4 x 12s.
4. TURBO : Powerful, bottom thick sound, like todays modern/alternative guitarists like.
BRAND NEW UNUSED MINT CONDITION....IN ADDITION TO THE 808 MOD THIS PEDAL ALSO HAS THE SILVER MOD...MODE MODS....AND RED LED
$189.00 THIS IS THE PRICE YOU WOULD PAY FOR A NEW ANALOGMAN TSDX-9 WITH THE 808 MOD...SO YOU ARE GETTING THE SILVER MOD. MODE MOD AND LED MOD FOR FREE. AN ADDITIONAL $75 IN MODS.
Return to Gear Page