The ZEROCAP cable capacitance eliminator lets you hear all the frequencies being produced by your guitar. Cable capacitance kills the high frequencies from your pickups, resulting in a muddy sound. The ZEROCAP device makes your guitar think it is driving about one foot of cable, and the sound opens up in an amazing way.
The ZEROCAP consists of quality custom manufactured guitar cable and fully shielded metal plugs, plus special interface electronics housed in a tiny enclosure toward one end of the cable. Connect the ZEROCAP cable between your guitar and amp, turn it on, and you are ready to rock! It's battery powered so there are no power supplies to plug in.
What does the ZEROCAP device do?
* The ZEROCAP device reduces the cable capacitance to near zero, typically 45 picofarads, which is effectively the capacitance of the connectors. Even the best guitar cables have 15 to 30 picofarads of capacitance per foot, amounting to a tone killing 650 picofarads for a 20 foot cable. The ZEROCAP cable has a capacitance of 1-2 picofarads per foot.
* The ZEROCAP device lets you use long guitar cables with little high frequency loss.
* The ZEROCAP device eliminates the "tone suck" when you roll back the guitar's volume pot.
* The lack of capacitance eliminates the midrange gain boost caused by plain guitar cables.
* The pickup is still connected with a straight through wired connection from the guitar to the amplifier.
* The ZEROCAP device does NOT buffer or amplify or load your guitar's signal.
* The ZEROCAP device does NOT change the output impedance of your guitar.
With the ZEROCAP device, the guitar's sound is brighter and flatter. You hear the actual pickup sound, unfiltered by the cable, and you get more of the good sound that has been eaten by cable capacitance until now.
Visit http://www.aqdi.com/zerocap.htm to purchase your own ZEROCAP cable. Prices vary per length.
Return to Gear Page