(May 3, 2011) -- Gibson announced the addition of the Flying V 7-string to its line of USA guitars. The new V adds a low B string and active EMG pickups to appeal to metal guitarists.
The Flying V 7-String has a solid mahogany body, quartersawn mahogany neck, and a slim yet comfortable neck profile that goes from .800" at the 1st fret
to .900" at the 12th (1.969" at the nut) with a 12-degree radius rosewood
fretboard. The guitar comes in high gloss ebony black finish with gold hardware. It's loaded with an EMG 707 in the neck and an EMG 81-7 in the bridge position. Additional features include a 7-string through-body V tail plate and Tone-o-matic bridge, PLEK-cut Corian nut, and gearless Steinberger tuners.
- Solid mahogany body with high gloss Ebony finish
- Slim, comfortable 7-string neck profile
- Powerful EMG 707 neck and EMG 81-7 bridge pickups
- Gold "V" string-thru tailplate and tune-o-matic bridge
- Gold Steinberger gearless tuners
- MSRP $2129
Each guitar includes a Gibson hardshell "V" case and owner's manual, and is covered by Gibson's Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 Customer Service.
For more information: