- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs
Scottsdale, Arizona (January 11, 2008) -- In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the SWR Redhead, the company is introducing the newly redesigned Redhead bass amplifier. The newest version has an output of 400 watts (internal @ 4 ohms) and 650 watts (@ 2 ohms w/4 ohm extension speaker enclosure), and offers 17 different controls (see below). The MSRP is set at $2,349.99.
The original Redhead, introduced in 1988, combined SWR’s clear full-range tube preamp with a robust solid-state power platform into an easily portable 2 X 10 cabinet. Loaded with two state-of-the-art 10” speakers and a high frequency horn, the Redhead offered unprecedented patching options designed to meet the standards of bassists, whether playing live or in the studio.
20th anniversary of the SWR Redhead
- Output: 400 watts (internal @ 4 ohms), 650 watts (@ 2 ohms w/4 ohm extension speaker enclosure)
- Speakers Two 10” Eminence
- Channel: One
- Controls: Tuning mute (sliding switch); Gain control (w/Pre Amp clip LED); Aural Enhancer™ control; Bass control (w/“Pull Turbo”); MidRange Level control; Midrange Frequency control; Treble control (w/ “Pull Transparency”); Compressor control (w/Compression LED); Master Volume control (w/ Power Amp clip LED); Tube DI Line/Direct (sliding switch); Tube DI Mute/Line (sliding switch); Tube DI Ground Lift (sliding switch); Tube DI Pad control; Effects Blend control; Internal Speaker On/Off (rocker switch); Power On/Off (rocker switch)
- Effects: N/A
- Covering: Black carpet
- Weight: 95 lbs.
- Height: 23”
- Width: 22.5”
- Depth: 16.75”
- Tubes: Two 12AX7 (Preamp & Tube DI)
- Cover: Sold separately (0066186000)
- Accessories: N/A
- MSRP: $2349.99
For more information visit: SWR Amps