- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs
Metal-meister Jeff Waters, mastermind of the metal legend Annihilator, sums up his enthusiasm about Coreblade as follows: “This amp has everything a studio and touring metal guitarist needs. And I had always loved the programming aspect being introduced into analog tube guitar amps. But no one had ever perfected it; until now.”
Coreblade is equipped with four channels, two of them voiced to offer completely different high-gain alternatives. Beyond that, the amp sports a versatile drive channel and a clean channel with plenty of headroom. For sound refinement Coreblade features three first-class effect modules, covering a wide range of standards from authentic spring reverb to chorus and delay. As all effects are added using Hughes & Kettner's unique “Inversed Parallel Modulation“, the guitar signal always stays in the analog domain.
Noise gates are the secret weapons in modern metal sounds. Therefore Coreblade is the first amp to take advantage of the newly developed IDB (Intelligent Dual Breakpoint) noise gate. This device simultaneously measures the gain at the input jack and after the preamp, thus being able to react perfectly in any given situation, be it as a radical tool for sound design on stage or as a delicate noise suppressor in the studio.
Hughes & Kettner uses maintenance-free PRN potentiometers (PRN = programmable resistor network), which are completely analog rotary knobs with 256 resistor settings that can be digitally accessed. Employing this proprietary technology, each of Coreblade's channels can be set up entirely independently with all parameters such as EQ, gain or presence saved and recalled in an instance, with the push of a single button, all with no digital components in the signal path. Management of the 128 user presets is simple and intuitive with the included MIDI floorboard.
The TSC (Tube Safety Control) power amp management, introduced with Switchlade earlier this year, automatically adjusts the bias, takes care of defective valves (emergency switch-off) and displays the tubes' characteristics at the rear of the amplifier. TSC accepts EL34 and 6L6 tubes, even in mixed operation – which means personal tube customizing without limits!
The MC412CL is a new 4x12“ cabinet, especially crafted for the Coreblade. Oversized and made of even stronger wood, it is loaded with Celestion Classic Leads and handles 320 watts at 8 ohms, thus converting the amp's primal power into massive sound pressure.
Coreblade is exclusively manufactured in Germany in Hughes & Kettner's Custom Shop, certified to the strict regulations of ISO9001 to guarantee utmost reliability and longest service life.
• four channels: 2 x high-gain (independently voiced), versatile drive channel, clean channel with outstanding headroomFor more information:
• optimal adjustment of power amp feedback for each channel
• three parallel fx modules: reverb, delay, modulation
• groundbreaking, ultra high-precision IDB™ noise gate
• completely analog, programmable and maintenance free PRN potentiometers
• all rotary knob settings storeable in 128 presets
• perfect control over all presets via included MIDI floorboard
• backup presets directly to a standard USB stick
• 100-watt TSC power amp; preamp: 3 x 12AX7
• automatic bias adjustment, display for characteristics facilitates tube selection
• emergency switch-off of defective valves, hassle-free replacement of tubes
• power amp customizing with EL34 and 6L6GC, even in mixed operation
Hughes & Kettner