- Premier Blogs
- Win Stuff
Encinitas, CA (January 22, 2014) -- Mu-FX has introduced and is now shipping the Tru-Tron 3X, first of the upgraded line Musitronics Corporation products to be released.
The Tru-Tron 3X is the authorized modern all-analog re-issue and refinement of the classic Mu-Tron III envelope controlled filter.
Mike Beigel, inventor/designer of the Mu-Tron III and co-founder of Musitronics Corp., has retained all the sonic mojo that made the 1972 unit so popular with Stevie Wonder, Jerry Garcia, Bootsy Collins, Larry Coryell, Frank Zappa, Carlos Santana, Joe Zawinul, George Duke and many more.
Made in USA, the Tru-Tron 3 has been refined with the following features:
- MU and PRE controls for independent control of envelope drive and audio gain
- MU/PRE switch
- Indicator lights for envelope saturation and audio distortion
- "MIX" position on filter mode switch
- Higher Q than original Mu-III (when needed)
- Indicator light for Power On: GREEN for bypass, BLUE for effect
- TRUE BYPASS (convertible to active preamp bypass)
The Tru-Tron 3X is the closest you'll find to the classic original Mu-Tron III, because at its heart—IT IS.
Currently available in the USA direct only from Mu-FX for $379.73
For more information:
Beigel Sound Lab