- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs
Raleigh, NC (June 26, 2014) -- Adding to an ever growing line of small wattage combo amps, the Orangutan Jr., is an all-new amp model, with its roots in the circuit of its big brother, the Orangutan.
This little guy has two (2) cathode biased 6V6 power tubes and three (3) 12AX7 preamp tubes. Controls are volume, treble, bass, reverb and master. It also has a foot switchable boost (which bypasses the bass control, similar to the LIFT on The Orangutan). All this fitted into a 1x12 combo cabinet with an 8 ohm Celestion G12M-65 Creamback Speaker and weighing a total of 30 lbs.
At around 15W, this is the perfect amp for the small stage, studio or bedroom!! Currently in use on stage and in the studio with 3 Monkeys Amps artists: Butch Walker, Justin Sharbono (Soul Asylum) and Jason Morrow (The Whisky Gentry). Available now at 3 Monkeys Amps dealers worldwide for suggested retail price of $1799. All 3 Monkeys Amps are designed and built by hand in Raleigh, NC.
- 15 Watts Output with Master Volume
- Two (2) 6V6 Output Tubes (Cathode Bias)
- Three (3) 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Foot switchable BOOST!
- 8 ohm Celestion G12M-65 Creamback Speaker
- Black Tolex with Gold Piping (other colors available)
- Gold Plexi Panels
- Dimensions: 18.75”W x 16”H x 8.25”D (same size as Sock Monkey and Organ Grinder)
- Weight: 30lbs
For more information:
3 Monkeys Amps