- Premier Blogs
- Win Stuff
Bend, Oregon (November 20, 2007) – The Breedlove
Guitar Company has announced the release of the Jeff
Tweedy 000 limited edition guitar. The company plans to
sell 25 Deluxe and 5 Exotic models.
Kim Breedlove, Breedlove Guitar founder and designer, designed the Tweedy guitar with a bee theme after the Wilco member mentioned an interest in the insect. The bee-themed features include a headstock inlay with a flower and a single bee. There are also single cell Gold Pearl "Honeycomb" position markers at the 5th, 7th, 9th and 15th frets, and three cells to mark the 12th fret.
The Deluxe model has a master grade red spruce top, East Indian rosewood back and sides, ivoroid body and neck binding and a bone nut and saddle. The Exotic features a Brazilian Rosewood back and sides. Both come with Jeff Tweedy’s live electronics package installed (L.R. Baggs M1 passive along with a Fishman Matrix Natural 2, wired to a single stereo/TRS output jack). Buyers may opt for the standard package or no electronics.
Jeff Tweedy has played a Breedlove instrument since 2006, when he purchased the Breedlove Revival 000 12-fret Calendar guitar in Chicago. The Tweedy limited came about after Tweedy requested a model to match his first Revival 000. Pictured below is the Jeff Tweedy 000-12 prototype.
Breedlove Revival 000-12 JTLE Deluxe
- Revival 000 body shape
- Select Master Grade Red Spruce Top
- Select Master Grade East Indian Rosewood Back & Sides
- Ivoroid Body & Neck Binding
- Gold Pearl "Honeycomb" Position Markers
- "Flower & Bees" Headstock Inlay
- Bone Nut & Saddle
- Instrument label signed by Jeff Tweedy & Kim Breedlove
- Limited Edition of 25 to be built
- Retail Price: $5,999
Breedlove Revival 000-12 JTLE Exotic
- Select Solid Brazilian Rosewood Back & Sides
- Extremely Limited Edition: 5 will be built
- Instrument Label Signed by Jeff Tweedy & Kim Breedlove
- Retail Price: $8,499
For more information: