- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs
Los Angeles, CA (May 3, 2013) -- Echopark Guitars has announced the release of the 2013 Clarence "Gold Coil" guitar, designed around the newly-completed Gold Foil pickups.
The new Gold Foil pickups were developed with Echopark luthier Gabriel Currie and Arcane Inc's Rob Timmons. They are based on an old Tele gold foil neck pickup and housed in a humbucker form for easy drop-in and feature original lacquered wire and period-correct magnets, along with steel base plates. Currie says, "They sound so much better than the cheap originals...they still retain the funky, thick swamp tones from way back, plus they are true single-coils!"
The Clarence "Gold Coil" takes Echopark's Clarence model and outfits it with the new Gold Foil set, and a rear control route and wiring.
- One-piece swamp ash body with '55 contours
- Rock maple or red maple neck with medium C or soft V profile
- Echopark Gold Coil pickup set
- Nitrate tortoise pickguard
- TonePros tuners
- Glendale "Raw Deal" bridge, Kohler saddles, and aluminum string bar
- Available in sea foam wash (pictured), blonde, desert sand, Lake Placid blue, white wash, black, Pelham blue, and natural
- Custom build options available
The Clarence "Gold Coil" has a base price of $3,000 and is available at retailers or directly from Echopark.
For more information: