- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada (June 17, 2009) -- Mack Amps is now taking orders for August delivery of their newest product line: the Gem.
The Gem features a new power switching circuit that changes its single EL84's power output from 4 watts to 0.4 watt, making it a favorable choice for rehearsals and gigs in small venues. The Gem also features the new 6AC10 preamp triple triode tube. The three tube sections (the low gain mode, high gain mode, and power amp and preamp distortion) help provide additional preamp flexibility. Check out the specs below...
- 4 watts switchable to 0.4 watts
- 1 X EL84 cathode biased, Class A
- 1 x 6AC10 triple triode preamp tube
- Solid state rectifier
- Switchable preamp gain stages
- Volume, gain, tone controls
The Gem Head:
- Anodized aluminum, red cabinet
- 8" W x 5 1/2" H x 4" D
- 117/120 VAC, 60 Hz
Gem Combo (coming soon):
- 10" Eminence Ragin Cajun ceramic magnet speaker
- Medium density fibre board (MDF), glued, screwed and power nailed
- Black tolex
- 14" W x 16" H x 8" D
For more info and to hear soundclips, visit mackamps.com.