- Premier Blogs
- Win Stuff
Melville, NY (March 19, 2008) – Well, you heard about it here first, now we’ve got the details. The first of Joe Satriani’s new line of VOX pedals is being introduced – it’s called the Satchurator.
This analog distortion pedal is the collaborative result of a company that was around when distortion was first pumped through their amps and a true legend of the guitar. Drawing on Satriani''s experience from decades of groundbreaking performances, both live and in the studio, the pedal was designed to Satriani’s exact specifications. As expected, it produces Satriani''s signature tone and adds new features and improvements never before combined in a distortion pedal.
Satriani road tested the Satchurator for almost a year, working with the VOX R&D team to capture the ultimate distortion tone in a modern-day pedal. According to VOX, the Satchurator is capable of very high gain levels but operates more quietly and musically than other modern distortion pedals. It also preserves the tone and pick-attack of the guitarist plugging into it, regardless of style - from subtly-distorted blues tones to classic rock and shred. The result is a professional-quality pedal that recaptures sought-after vintage and modern sounds in a powerful, versatile and extremely musical pedal design.
"The Satchurator is the most musical, most dynamic, multi-function distortion pedal I''ve ever played through," says Satriani. "This little red box is a monster tone generator. Following my specifications without compromise, and adding design innovations I never thought possible, the VOX team has delivered exactly what I need for the stage as well as the studio: a distortion pedal that responds to my touch, and produces a big, natural, harmonically rich tone compatible with any guitar/pedal/amp configuration."
- Controls for Gain, Tone and Volume
- "More" gain boost switch that enables two footswitchable distortion sounds in one pedal. This gain boost is dramatic when the gain knob is set low, and is a subtle solo boost when gain knob is set to maximum.
- "Pad" switch that maximizes dynamics and tone with bright guitars and/or effects (such as wah) placed before the distortion
- High gain, low noise design provides vintage through modern distortion sounds
- Dynamic circuit is highly responsive to rolling off the guitar''s volume and preserves the guitar''s high end when the volume is rolled off
- Cream-colored chicken head knobs for precise positioning and high visibility on dark stages
The VOX Satchurator analog distortion pedal will be available this summer.
For more information: