Scott Walker Guitars Announces Chimera Model
Santa Cruz, CA (August 26, 2013) -- Adding to the company’s well-established line of boutique guitars, Scott Walker has unveiled a new hollow body guitar. Offering a variety of custom options, such as fretless, sitar bridges and Sustainiac pickups. The exotic tones and possibilities are endless, aimed to unlock the players imagination. When recording or on the gig, this guitar has a voice unlike any other and when your reaching for something different, this will scratch that itch. Full how body construction give the warm woody natural sound complimenting the other unique features. With a salvaged Englemann spruce top and mahogany back and neck, the guitar weighs in at 7.5 lbs. To add to the retro vibe, the Italian celluloid bindings and appointments give this guitar some serious eye candy.
The Chimera is a result of years of research and applying various construction techniques both modern and traditional. The top uses a unique bracing technique, where the two cross braces are carved from the top, and are laid out to accept the bridge mounting studs. This gives an uninterrupted clean, natural woody tone.
- Fretless or fretted
- Sitar Bridge that will accept a std tunomatic bridge as well.
- Sustainiac neck pickup or customers choice.
- Volume, Tone and three way pickups selector. With Sustainiac version, an on off switch and three way Harmonic mode switch is used.
- Salvaged Englemann spruce top
- Mahogany back and neck
- Rosewood fingerboard and Floating Lotus tailpiece
Retail Price: $6,500
For more information:
Scott Walker Guitars