Molten Voltage Releases the Molten MIDI T
Bend, OR (November 12, 2013) -- Molten MIDI T is a Programmable MIDI Stompbox that offers five unique and original ways to control the Digitech Whammy DT. Molten MIDI T also doubles as a synchronized MIDI Clock source for all your MIDI devices.
Molten MIDI T lets you hear notes that aren’t normally available on the Whammy, then sequence those notes into elegant harmonies and improbable riffs. But it’s not just a guitar sequencer!
Programs of up to 16 steps each come in 5 different flavors:
- Loop Portamento programs cycle through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions. “Portamento” means you hear the Whammy “slide” from one step to the next, rather than “jump”, as if the expression pedal is moving.
- Loop, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn’t “slide” from one position to another, it “jumps”.
- Step Portamento programs step through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions each time the Step button is pressed. As the Whammy changes to a new “virtual” position, you hear it “slide” up or down to the new position.
- Step, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn’t “slide” from one position to another each time the Step button is pressed, it “jumps”.
- Different Settings programs step through selected Whammy settings each time the Step button is pressed. The virtual position of the expression pedal is not affected.
Programs are selected using the footswitches and are indicated using the Whammy’s own LEDs. The Whammy works normally when Molten MIDI 5 isn’t sending data.
Molten MIDI T stores 19 programs at a time that are created manually or using a slick computer-based Programming Utility. The Programmer lets you trade files and share favorite loops and settings (download the programmer at MoltenVoltage.com).
The computer-based Programming Utility comes in both PC and Mac versions and requires Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, or Mac OSX 10.5 or later, along with an attached Standard MIDI Output Device.
For more information: