BBE Releases New Version of the Boosta Grande BG-20
Huntington Beach, CA (February 14, 2013) -- The new Boosta Grande is even better with a sweet new look and compact chassis to conserve space on a pedal board.
Just like the original Boosta, the new Boosta Grande BG-20 doesn’t change the tonal balance of an amp, even with its max gain of +20dB slamming those tubes. To achieve a transparent boost experience, Boosta Grande mildly rolls off some top end starting at about 1kHz, so when the tubes are driven harder the additional upper harmonics don’t get shrill.
Boosta Grande’s mission to preserve an amp’s tonal balance ends with careful post- EQ, but it starts by preserving the tone of a guitar. Boosta Grande’s 1MEG Ohms input is similar to the front end of a good Marshall or other premium tube amp, welcoming a guitar’s signal with wide-open arms. In the middle of things, 1% metal-film resistors deliver consistent tone and a rugged mil-spec circuit board provides tour-proven reliability. When Boosta Grande isn’t engaged, a properly engineered true hardwire bypass means signal passes completely around the circuit, from input jack to output jack without a hint of loading.
- Up to +20dB of transparent clean boost
- 1MEG Ohms input impedance
- 1K Ohms output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass
- 5-year warranty
For more information: