Campbell American Announces the WEW
Boston, MA (May 11, 2012) – Campbell American Guitars today announced the release of its latest model, the WEW. The WEW draws inspiration from the great contoured body double cutaway electric guitars of the 1950s and '60s and improves on these classic guitars in several important ways. Each WEW has ergonomic improvements that lead to a more enjoyable playing experience such as a full, round “C” neck carve and a 12” radius fretboard. The instrument has a 25 ½ inch scale neck and the body is carved from premium Northwestern Alder and is finished with 100% Nitro Cellulose lacquer.
Each WEW is handmade by a small group of dedicated builders in the Campbell American shop in the Blackstone Valley in New England. Just like all previous Campbell American guitars the WEW is truly a custom built instrument in that it can be built to suit each guitarist individual tastes. Guitarists can choose from a long list of “standard” colors but Campbell American can also develop custom colors as well. The guitar can be built using several different single coil pickup manufacturers including Jason Lollar, Lindy Fralin, Dimarzio, and others.
• Body: Alder
• Finish: Fenway Green Nitrocellulose Lacquer Other Colors Are Available
• Neck: Maple
• Finish: Tinted Gloss Lacquer
• Fingerboard: East Indian Rosewood
• Carve: Medium-Large "D" (.845" 1st fret / .910" 12th fret)
• Scale: 25-1/2"
• Radius: 12"
• Fret wire: Medium Jumbo
• Nut Width: 1-5/8"
• Position Marker: Pearl
• Neck Joint: Contoured Heel. Narrow 4-Bolt Plate
• Tuners: Gotoh Locking HAP (Height Adjustable Posts). Locking
• Bridge: Gotoh 510 Tremolo
• Pickups: 3 Lollar Blackface Single Coils
• Controls: Master Volume / 5-Way / Master Tone
• Pickguard: Cream
• Pickup Covers: Parchment
• Knobs: Parchment
For more information: