Celestial Effects Introduces the Cancer Wah the Fuzz? Pedal
Hudson, MA (October 7, 2012) – The Celestial Effects Cancer Wah the Fuzz? pedal features four individual effects packaged neatly into one enclosure. Each effect can be used individually of in conjunction with each other or other external pedals. It's like a pre-wired mini pedal board with a fixed signal path internally.
First in the signal path is a fixed wah section. This effect is just like keeping your wah ON and not moving the rocker to actually control the tone of the signal. On the front panel, only the WAH TONE control is available but internally, by opening the bottom cover, there are trim pot adjustments for "Q", GAIN, INPUT IMPEDANCE and MIDS CUT. There is also a jumper block selection available to select one of four center frequencies for the WAH TONE control.
Next in the signal path is an analog octave fuzz based on the Octavia design. Controls are FUZZ, VOLUME and a switch to turn the octave feature ON and OFF. With the octave OFF, this fuzz is a great alternative to a fuzz face type effect. It can go from mild to wild and cleans up nicely when your guitar volume is rolled back.
The muscle fuzz section is next in line and started life based on a Ram's Head design but that quickly changed! The tone section was re-vamped and also a clean gain stage was added after the tone section to compensate for the signal loss after it passes through the tone section. This allows you retain that great Ram's Head throaty tone BUT it's not a "muff-led" as in previous models available. Also added was a tone circuit selection switch which turns this little monster into a different animal all together. Controls are FUZZ, VOLUME and TONE and a switch to select Tone circuit.
Real Tube Overdrive
Last in the chain is a real tube overdrive section. The tube is nestled in the effect cavity and easily accessible and changed out by removing the bottom cover. It will ship with a JJ Tesla 12AX7 but feel free to experiment with different New and NOS tubes. 12AU7 or 12AT7 versions will work as well. To drive the tube, a stripped down, non-clipping version of the venerable Taurus circuit is present with GAIN, VOLUME and EDGE controls. The tube runs of 9 VDC which in theory should make it last forever, unless you physically break it of course. This section coupled with the fixed wah section conjures up great "Boston's First Album" type tones.
This pedal is a monster and can go from lean to mean with the various combinations. Limitless combinations of tones are available.
• True bypass switching via high grade 3PDT footswitch
• High grade Panasonic ECQ series capacitors
• CTS high grade potentiometers
• Switchcraft input and output jacks
• C&K selector switchs
• Wide 2oz. copper PC board circuit etch-line in the signal paths
• PC Board ground plane for superior stray noise reduction
• +9vdc (only) power jack (Boss type - center negative)
• WAH TONE Panel Adjustments for Fixed Wah
• Internal trimpot GAIN adj. (by removing bottom cover) for Fixed Wah
• Internal trimpot MIDS adj. (by removing bottom cover) for Fixed Wah
• Internal trimpot "Q" adj. (by removing bottom cover) for Fixed Wah
• Internal trimpot IMP adj. (by removing bottom cover) for Fixed Wah
• Internal 4 pos. center frequency jumper selection for Fixed Wah
• FUZZ & VOLUME Panel Adjustments for Octave Fuzz
• 2 Position switch for octave ON/OFF options for Octave Fuzz
• FUZZ, TONE & VOLUME Panel Adjustments for Muscle Fuzz
• 2 Position switch for tone stack options for Muscle Fuzz
• GAIN, EDGE & VOLUME Panel Adjustments for Tube O.D.
• Real 12AX7 type tube for Tube O.D. section
• Ultra-bright indicator LEDs
• Extremely tone transparent, organic and touch sensitive
• Input impedance: 1 Meg Ohms
• Output impedance: 10K Ohms
• Current draw: Approximately 230 mA at full ON
• Dimm: 8.20"d x 5.00"w x 2.50"h (including switches and knobs)
• Weight: 23 oz.
For more information: