Gibson Unveils Nighthawk 2011
June 13, 2011
Nashville, TN (June 13, 2011) -- Complemented by gold-plated hardware, gold top-hat control knobs and vintage-style tuners with pearloid keystone buttons, the Nighthawk 2011 from Gibson USA captures all the specs of the original Nighthawk and freshens them up with some new features, including a light chambered poplar body with a Vintage Sunburst finish in genuine nitrocellulose lacquer.
The guitar has a solid, glued-in maple neck, scale length of 25 1/2" and packs a pair of Gibson's popular BurstBucker humbuckers—a BB1 in the neck position and a slightly hotter BB2 in the bridge. Loaded in with double-black open coils and made with Alnico II magnets and authentic 42-AWG enamel-coated wire, these are some of the most accurate reproductions of vintage PAF humbuckers available today. There is also a five-way switch to combine these with the Ceramic 8 blade pickup in the middle position.
- Poplar body with Grade-AAA quilted Maple top
- Maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with acrylic dot inlays
- 25 1/2" scale
- Double-black, open coil BB1 neck and BB2 bridge pickups with ceramic 8 blade middle pickup
- Independent push-pull volume and tone knobs and five-way position switch
- Vintage-style tuners with pearloid keystone buttons
- MSRP: $2599
Source: Gibson's website