Gretsch Introduces the Custom Shop G6118T 130th Anniversary Electric Guitar
Scottsdale, AZ (January 16, 2012) – To celebrate Gretsch's 130th anniversary, the Gretsch Custom Shop introduces the beautiful new G6118T 130th Anniversary model. Its 2 1/2"-deep single-cutaway three-ply maple body has a 15 1/2” lower bout, arched top and back, and trestle bracing. The guitar is a striking beauty with its two-tone gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish in Metallic Gold on the top and Black on the back and sides, with multiple silver-sparkle bindings.
The three-piece maple neck has a 12"-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 medium vintage frets, mother-of-pearl Neo-Classic "thumbnail" inlays and polished aluminum nut; and a mother-of-pearl Gretsch 130th Anniversary headstock logo. Other premium features include dual TV Jones Filter’Tron Classic pickups, a black pickguard with 130th Anniversary logo, "G" Arrow control knobs and chrome hardware, an Adjusto-Matic bridge with pinned ebony base and Bigsby B6C tailpiece, and Gotoh open-back tuners.
The guitar comes in a deluxe black faux-alligator skin TKL hard-shell case with a Gretsch 130th Anniversary badge. Inside, accessories include a Gretsch 130th Anniversary leather strap, embroidered utility bag and certificate of authenticity signed by Gretsch Custom Shop Senior Master Builder Stephen Stern.
Custom Shop G6118T 130th Anniversary Specs
• 3-Ply Maple, Arched Top & Back
• 22 Vintage-Style Frets
• Ebony Fretboard
• 3-Piece Maple Neck
• 1 11/16" Nut Width
• 24 9/16" (62.4cm) Scale Length
• Mother-Of-Pearl Gretsch 130th Anniversary Logo Headstock
• S/S Pickup Configuration
• TV Jones Filter'Tron Classic Pickups
• 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
• Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume Controls
• Chrome Hardware
• Adjusto-Matic with PINNED Ebony Base Bridge
• Bigsby B6C Vibrato Tailpiece with Gretsch Logo
The Gretsch Custom Shop G6118T 130th Anniversary is available for $12,000.
For more information: