H.S. Anderson Introduces the Vintage Re-issue Mad Cat Guitar
Nagano, Japan (October 19, 2012) – Japanese instruments played an important role in the history of modern pop music. Iconic items like the Tube screamer, the TR-808 and TB-303, the SG2000, the JEM, the recording 9000, the CP-70 etc. all helped shaping the sound of decades.
European distributor Amptec is proud to announce the return of a legendary Japanese instrument, the H.S. Anderson Mad Cat, after 30 years of absence. Most famous as the main guitar of Prince, who’s been using a Hohner-branded H.S. Anderson Mad Cat since the early ‘80s, original Mad Cats are a highly sought after, well-kept secret.
The upcoming Vintage Re-issue Mad Cat was developed with close attention to detail and it captures the feel and sound of the original guitars, without some of its issues. Tuning stability, reliability and noise were all improved, thanks to decades of experience in handcrafting guitars, almost 40 years after the original Mad Cat was released in 1973.
The H.S. Anderson Vintage Re-issue Mad Cat will be sold exclusively in Europe, in very small quantities. Both right-handed and left-handed models will be available.
- Vintage Correct Re-issue of the original 1970’s H.S. Anderson / Hohner Mad Cats
- Handmade in Japan
- Walnut / Ash / Maple body construction
- All maple neck, 21 frets, C-shape
- 42,8mm nut width
- 240R (9,4”) Radius
- 2mm (0,0787”) x 1mm (0,0394”) vintage frets
- 2 string retainers
- Gotoh GTC102 Hardtail Bridge, Callaham USA vintage bent-steel saddles (also included are extra Gotoh modern type saddles), 10,5mm string spacing
- Gotoh SG360 Machine Heads, 1:14 gear ratio
- Bill Lawrence USA S1 & S3 vintage pickups
- 1 volume control, 1 tone control, 3-way switch
- Polyurethane lacquer, custom made for Moridaira
- Unique headstock shape
- Pearloid H.S. Anderson logo
- Stamped serial nr on back of headstock
- Leopard pickguards and black body binding
- SKB-66 case with full-length neck support
- Left-handed available at an extra charge, but with black headstock logo
- Exclusive model for Europe, only available thru Amptec
For more information: