Line 6/Reinhold Bogner Collaboration Introduced
Calabasas, CA (September 15, 2007) – Line 6 and Reinhold Bogner have teamed up to create Spider Valve amplifiers. The revolutionary amps fuse the versatility of Line 6-pioneered modeling technology with the boutique component selection and stellar voicing of a Bogner all-tube amp.
Spider Valves amps are not to be confused with so-called ‘hybrid’ amps that “talk ‘tube’ but don’t deliver the guts or glory onstage.” The amp’s matched 6L6 tubes, 12AX7 preamp tubes and Premium Celestion Vintage 30 speakers—combined with twelve Line 6 amp models and seven SmartControl effects— create the cascading distortion and enriched harmonics that tube enthusiasts demand. Reinhold Bogner applied his mastery and craftsmanship to virtually every aspect of the Spider Valve design and construction, from mapping the signal path and voicing the speakers, right down to specifying bolts and washers.
“Professional guitarists have asked us for an amp that combines the sonic versatility of Line 6 modeling with the power and performance that a well-crafted tube amp delivers on stage,” says Marcus Ryle, Line 6 Co-founder and Senior VP of Research and Development. “With Reinhold Bogner we found the ideal design partner to create this ‘best of both worlds’. We are truly honored by his collaboration, craftsmanship and what we have been able to achieve together with Spider Valve.”
Three versions of Spider Valve amps will be available:
The Spider 112. A 40 watt Class AB tube amp with two 12AX7 preamp tubes, two 6L6 power tubes and a single 12” Celestion Vintage 30 speaker. Weight: 45 lbs. Dimensions: 27" x 24" x 15". List price:$969.99The Spider Valve 212. This model features the same power amp and tube array as the 112 with two 12" Celestion Vintage 30s.Weight: 60 lbs. Dimensions: 30" x 25" x 15". List price: $1159.99The Spider Valve HD-100. This 100 watt model features two 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 6L6 power tubes into a stylish head. Weight: 35 lbs. Dimensions: 29" x 14" x 13". List price $1099.99412VS Cabinet. (Straight or slanted.) These cabs are designed for the HD-100. They are loaded with four 12” Celestion Vintage 30s. Weight: 83 lbs. Dimensions: 29" x 30" x 15". List price: $969.99
- 12 dialed-in amp models that deliver a complete tonal range from shimmering clean to insane grind
- 7 Smart Control FX (up to 3 simultaneous) including Tape Echo, Sweep Echo, Standard Delay (all with Tap Tempo), Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Tremelo and Reverb
- Built-in front panel tuner
- 26 user programmable channels
- 300+ artist-created presets covering the greatest guitar tones of all time
- POD XLR direct out for studio direct tone
- Compatible with FBV2 FBV Express and FBV Shortboard foot controllers
- Single and dual 1/4" speaker output jacks for connection to auxiliary cabinets
- 1/4" power amp input jack for POD amp and effect modelers
For more information: