- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs
The Netherlands (November 26, 2013) -- The Koch Jupiter is a 45 Watt boutique, vintage style combo amp, equally at home in live, recording or rehearsal sessions. This unique tone classic features independent volume and gain controls for both the Clean (Cool) and overdrive (Hot) channels. The overdrive (hot) features a Boost which gives the Jupiter three channels. The shared EQ section (Bass, Middle, Treble) can be further sculpted with the Contour Switch, allowing either a warm, mid-rich vintage tone, or a scooped more modern and open sound.
The Koch Jupiter 2 x 12? combo comes with a two button footswitch with another unique feature. The left button switches between the Cool and Hot Channels and the right button can be set to turn either the Channel 2 Boost on/off, or the Reverb on/off, allowing you full control over your sound…right at your feet!
Further features of the Jupiter include the Dimmer Control which acts as an attenuator to allow you real tube saturated tube tone at any volume, front mounted Reverb control, 4/8/16 Ohm Speaker Outputs and Speaker Emulated Direct Output with Passive Filtering. Finally, there is a buffered effects loop to allow the addition of your favourite pedals or effects units.
The Jupiter was designed as a player’s amp, with as much tonal control and flexibility as possible. Eventhough this is a 2 x 12? combo we managed to keep the weight at only 30kg. From the bell-like clean tones through the punchy yet dynamic overdrive channels, the Jupiter delivers pure vintage tone.
- Unique 45Watts amp design with ATR Technology and dimmer control for tube saturated tube tone at any volume.
- 2 x 12AX7 in preamp and poweramp
- Three foot-switchable channels: Clean, Overdrive and High-gain overdrive
- Two sets of independant gain and volume controls
- Three band EQ with contour switch
- 4, 8 and 16ohm speaker outputs
- Custom designed VG12-60 Koch 12” speakers
- Buffered effects loop
- Speaker emulated output with passive filter
- Spring type reverb with front mounted control
- Two button footswitch (included) with:?- Channel select?- Gain Boost or Reverb on/off?(Selectable on back panel)
- Combo Dimensions 54(w) x 46(h) x 26(d) cm
- Weight Combo 30 kg
For more information: