- Premier Blogs
- Win Stuff
The WY1T is an ultra-thin bodied acoustic/electric designed for recording and live performance environments (high SPL without feedback). This single-cutaway, folk-style guitar features a flamed maple body and “sound hole-free” solid Sitka spruce top with hand-scalloped braces. Of the three finishes – black, wine red and tobacco sunburst – only the black does not feature the flamed body. The naturally seasoned mahogany neck rests under an ebony fingerboard with abalone inlays at the 12th fret and headstock, which has nickel die-cast tuning pegs.
The WY1T benefits from a custom Fishman Aura IC system with four discrete "sound images" derived from vintage and contemporary studio microphones, allowing players access to studio-quality sounds when interfaced with modern live sound and recording equipment.
"Although guitarists will certainly be enamored with the absolutely stunning appearance of the WY1T, the tone is really what will ultimately knock their socks off," says Paul Meisenzahl, Alvarez director of product marketing. "Not only does this guitar sound very nice when unplugged -- as all Alvarez Yairi guitars do -- but the superb images offered by the Fishman Aura IC system are indeed truly breathtaking."
Standard Series WY1T
- Body: Flamed (except for black finish) maple and “sound hole-free” solid Sitka spruce top with hand-scalloped braces
- Top: Sitka spruce with hand-scalloped braces, herringbone trim and ebony bridge
- Neck: Naturally seasoned mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone inlays at 12th fret
- Headstock: Abalone inlays and nickel die-cast tuning pegs
- Pickup system: Fishman Aura IC
- Price: $2,699.99 list / $1,999.99 MAP
- Case: hardshell included
For more information: