Gretsch honors the late AC/DC co-founder, guitarist, and songwriter with an all-new signature guitar, Limited Edition Malcolm Young “Red Beast” Signature Jet.
Malcolm and Gretsch have a storied relationship and this new Signature Jet pays tribute to Malcolm’s famous 1963 Gretsch Jet Firebird 6131, aka “The Beast”. Designed in consultation with Malcolm’s nephew, Stevie Young, this Signature Jet reflects the earliest iteration of Malcolm’s famed guitar used in early AC/DC performances and music videos, including “It’s a Long Way to The Top,” before eventually making his own mods and stripping the top.
For over forty years, Malcolm’s riffs have inspired generations of rock and metal guitarists. Today, Gretsch honors the late AC/DC co-founder, guitarist, and songwriter with an all-new signature guitar: the G6131G-MY-RB Limited Edition Malcolm Young “Red Beast” Signature Jet.
- 2”-deep double-cutaway chambered mahogany body with maple top
- TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity bridge, TV Jones® Starwood humbucker middle and TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity neck pickups
- Individual pickup volume controls, master volume, three-position pickup toggle switch, three-position tone switch and three-position standby switch
- Harmonica-style Adjusto-MaticTM bridge with pinned ebony base
- Available in an aged Vintage Firebird Red finish with black pickguard and aged gold hardware
The Gretsch Limited Malcolm Young Signature "The Beast" Jet | Gretsch Presents | Gretsch Guitars
MSRP: $3399.99. For more information, please visit gretschguitars.com.