By replicating the unique Bass, Middle & Treble tone stack of the valve amp, the Platinum delivers versatile sonic capabilities, shaping the overall character of your sound.
Adding to the company’s line of boutique effects pedals, Vs Audio effects introduces its latest offering: the Platinum overdrive preamp, a pedal that succeeds in generating the iconic British Silver Jubilee amp tones that will take you to another era.
The Silver Jubilee model produced in 1987 and ranks at the top of most MarshallTM enthusiasts' most wanted list. Part of the allure is because players like Joe Bonamassa, John Fusciante, Alex Lifeson, SteveMorse, Rich Robinson, and Slash have raved about this.
The Platinum is expertly designed with hand-selected discrete JFETS that give a distinctive blend of classic plexi and high gain MarshallTM style tones. Just like the legendary amp, it features two channels, Rhythm for a wide range of clean sounds up to creamy crunch and Lead for full-throttle juicy solos.
By replicating the unique Bass, Middle & Treble tone stack of the valve amp, the Platinum delivers versatile sonic capabilities, shaping the overall character of your sound. The Presence control, functioning as a classic presence knob by applying negative feedback, adjusts the dynamic response and high frequencies of the pedal to be used with any cabinet simulators or recording interfaces. Placing the Platinum further down your effects chain reveals its ability to function like a true preamp capturing the exact tones and behavior that makes the Silver Jubilee® amp great.
- Input Gain to control amp-like overdrive ranging from sparkly clean to fully cranked saturation.
- Channel switch to choose between Rhythm and Lead channel similar to Silver Jubilee® amp.
- Unique Bass, Middle, and Treble tone stack to tailor the overall character of the sound.
- Presence toggle switch to adjust negative feedback or boost high frequencies.
- 9VDC supply operation 100mA, 2.1 power jack.
- Compact brushed stainless steel enclosure – top–mounted jacks, true bypass, & silent relay switching.