The third model in Genzler's bass effects line is an all-analog distortion offering rugged stomp switches and low-noise circuitry.
The Crash Box 4 is reminiscent of the rough shifting, gear grinding, non-syncro straight-cut, gear boxes in vintage off-road vehicles and heavy trucks – often called “heavy metal” vehicles. This all-analog distortion pedal emulates 4 different distortion types found in popular tube and solid-state distortion circuit topologies and then gives the player additional flexibility and control over drive/gain, distortion path (only)--high pass and low pass filters and separately a clean signal path blend. The result is the ability to tailor and fine tune the distortion to fit a wide spectrum of music and playing techniques, without the loss of touch sensitivity, musicality, or the addition of excess noise.
- Lightweight Aluminum Chassis
- Rugged Stomp Switches
- Low-noise, Silent Switching Circuitry
- High-Pass and Low-Pass Filter (Distortion Engine Only)
- 4 Position Distortion "Gear" Selector Switch
- Parallel Clean Signal Path
- High/Low Drive Sensitivity Switch
- Accepts Power Supplies From 9VDC - 18VDC (low noise type), Either Polarity (auto detecting) 40mA Max -- (Power Supply Not Included)
- Dimensions: 5”W X 4.1”D X 2.3”H
- Weight: 1 Lb.
Genzler Amplification - Crash Box 4 - Classic Bass Distortion Demo by Nate Navarro
The Crash Box 4 starts shipping June 9, 2022, and USA MAP is $239.99. More info at: www.genzleramps.com.