The world’s lightest 50 Watt valve amps, now available in 2x12 combo format, featuring built-in reactive load and a universal power supply.
Available in two formats, a classic EL34 design and a higher gain 6L6 model, these amps are simple to use but highly versatile. Developed after months of forensic examination of vintage valve amps, the intuitive two channel set-up deliver our best ever cleans and overdrives. An reactive load is built into each St. James amp, this allows you to run the valves flat out without having a speaker connected. Normally you would have to pay over $1000 for an additional piece of equipment – St. James has it included.
Add in Cab Rig, our next-generation DSP speaker simulator to capture incredible tones via USB / XLR D.I. out or headphones. The Power Reduction switch allows you to select 50 Watts, 2 Watts or Sag to easily get the perfect balance of power and response for any situation from studio to stage. The unique Celestion Zephyr lightweight ferrite speakers, candlenut plywood cabinet and universal power supply all go together to create 50 Watt valve amps that are less than half the weight of a traditional valve amp. The 2x12 combo weighs only 17kg: these are the lightest 50 Watt valve amps in the world and deliver amazing tones without compromise.
- Built-in reactive load: St. James amps have a built-in reactive load allowing you to drive the valves without a speaker connected. The reactive load mimics the electrical response of a typical loudspeaker to deliver the authentic valve power-amp tones possible in the studio or at home. No need to spend over $1000 on another piece of equipment.
- Power reduction: Based on Blackstar's patented Dynamic Power Reduction design you can easily switch from 50 Watts for the loudest clean headroom, down to 2 Watts for practicing, recording or smaller gigs, or a more overdriven power amp tone. The third option is Sag. This setting generates more power supply ‘sag’ to accentuate the allimportant amp compression, the ‘feel’ is softer and more ‘vintage’.
- Universal power supply: Blackstar's universal power supply, is lightweight and can be used anywhere in the world from 90V to 264V 50/60Hz.
- Lightweight cabinet: Candlenut plywood is used for strength and lightness and its beneficial acoustic properties, creating a roadworthy cabinet that sounds great and won’t let you down.
- Stunning boutique looks and a new illuminated logo: Desirability is as essential as amazing sound, so we’re delighted to share a completely new look for St. James including an illuminated logo inspired by our original Artisan amps.
See How These Players Reacted to St. James (Full Length) | St. James | Blackstar
The St. James 2X12 EL34 and 6L6 50 Watt amps are now available at your favorite Blackstar dealer for $1,499.99. Learn more at www.blackstaramps.com.