A semi-hollowbody derived from the popular Mendocino guitar.
Grez Guitars announces the release of Mendocino Short Scale Bass, broadening their popular Mendocino line of instruments. Utilizing salvaged Old Growth Redwood and semi-hollow construction, the bass captures the aesthetic and voice of the classic instruments it’s based on while delivering modern high-performance hardware and playability. The Mendocino Bass is available for order now from Grez Guitars and their dealers.
“Inspired by the vintage pieces from the 60’s, I sought to create something with a similar feel and sound, not a reproduction, but an ode to in my style’” says Luthier Barry Grzebik. “Building with old growth reclaimed Redwood originally harvested a 100 years ago helps create a voce and story that’s unique.”
The 30” scale instrument comes in at just 5.6lbs and fits in a guitar size case making it incredibly travel friendly. The Babicz saddles ensure solid intonation and energy transfer to the body and the Novak Lipstick pickups help the voice be as vintage as the looks. Customization is welcome with delivery times as little as 8 weeks.
- Salvaged Old Growth Redwood Top
- 1.875" Thick, 5.6lbs, 30" Scale, 18 Jumbo Frets
- Semi-Hollowbody Design
- Honduran Mahogany Body and Neck
- Curtis Novak Lipstick Pickups
- Macassar Ebony Fretboard, 12” Radius
- Babicz Saddles, Gotoh Res-O-Lite Tuners
- Satin Nitro Finish
Grez Mendocino Short Scale Bass Demo
Street price: $3,200 USD. More info: www.grezguitars.com.
- Grez Guitars Debuts the Mendocino Baritone - Premier Guitar ›
- Grez Guitars Releases the Solidbody Mendocino Junior - Premier ... ›
- Grez Guitars Mendocino Review - Premier Guitar ›