The latest inception of veteran metal guitarist Jeff Loomis and Jackson Guitars features a basswood body and heavy low-end sound.
Jackson and Loomis first collaborated in 2020 to create Loomis’s Pro Series Signature Kelly, an aggressive signature axe featuring a basswood body with a sandblasted ash top, finished in black with white binding giving a distressed and menacing look. This time around, the pair created a seven-string Soloist built to handle the prog metal giant’s furious, intricate playing that afforded him fame with Nevermore and Arch Enemy. The Soloist SL7 will captivate players who strive to emulate the heavy low-end sound and complex arrangements Loomis built his career on.
The Signature model is built to reflect Loomis’s deep knowledge of what makes a guitar perfect for playing metal. His decades of experience taught him that the 26.5” scale length he chose is ideal for perfect intonation across the fretboard of a seven-string. The through-body, graphite-reinforced neck with 12”-16” compound radius bound ebony fingerboard makes for light and dextrous playing. The Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis Signature Blackouts pickups are designed to cut right through any mix and the Floyd Rose 1500 Series double-locking bridge system was developed to handle the most aggressive bar techniques. Luminlay side dots on the neck allow for playing in the darkest venues and the satin-black, sandblasted top of Loomis Signature Soloist gives it a look that leaps off the stage.
Jeff Loomis Introduces His New Signature Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL7 Model
- Basswood body with sandblasted ash top
- Through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and satin color matched back finish
- 12”-16” compound radius bound ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets, pearloid sharkfin inlays and Luminlay side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis Signature Blackouts bridge and neck humbucking pickups
- Floyd Rose 1500 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Jackson sealed die-cast tuners and Dunlop dual-locking strap buttons
Available in Satin Black with white binding, matching Jackson pointed 7-in-line headstock and black hardware. For more information, visit www.jacksonguitars.com. $1,699.99 USD.
- Jackson Guitars Announces New Seven and Eight-String Models ... ›
- Jackson Guitars Unveils the Pro Series Signature Brandon Ellis Kelly ›
- Jackson Guitars Launches Chris Broderick Signature Models ... ›