The riff architect behind Sleep and High On Fire teams up with Does It Doom's guitar company to provide his first signature guitar that will include his namesake Lace Firespitters.
In three striking burst finishes, this formidable instrument boasts a bound mahogany body and neck, maple cap, and ebony fingerboard. It houses a set of three powerful USA Lace Matt Pike Signature “Firespitters” humbuckers, alongside TonePros hardware, and Grover Imperial tuners.
The bound fingerboard is adorned with custom “Serpents Sun” inlays, designed by High on Fire artist Jordan Barlow. With jumbo stainless steel frets built to withstand years of riffing, this guitar is prepared for a lifetime of intense use and punishment. The package is completed with a fitted Woodrite Guitars hardshell case.
This signature Warlord serves as a testament to Matt Pike’s unwavering musical dominance. Brace yourself for the imminent sonic onslaught: signed, sealed, and delivered by the Riff Lord himself.
About the Lace Matt Pike Signature “Firespitters” 3-Pickup Configuration:
“Our goal in designing the Matt Pike Signature Firespitters was to create a set of humbuckers that perfectly complemented Pike’s aggressive playing style and contributed to his signature metal tone. We began by incorporating a mix of proprietary ceramic magnets, barium ferrite magnets, and impossibly fine gauge copper wire wound on our patented Micro Matrix Comb bobbins. Our aim was to achieve a high-output, aggressive-when-you-want-it, articulate-when-you-need-it set of humbuckers suitable for the heavy and dynamic sound associated with Matt’s playing style.
The addition of a middle humbucker expands the power of the set exponentially, giving the player a portion of the formidable power that Matt Pike himself commands for their own instrument. The meticulous craftsmanship and direct collaboration with Matt Pike on the design showcase our commitment to delivering a visually and sonically distinctive premium product tailored to Matt Pike’s aesthetic and tonal specifications.” – Gabriel Freeman, Lace Pickups
3-Way Toggle Switch Settings:
- Treble: Bridge Pickup
- Middle: Bridge, Middle, and Neck Pickups
- Rhythm: Neck and Middle Pickups
- Body Shape – Warlord Double Cut
- Body Orientation – Left / Right Handed
- Body Material – Mahogany
- Top Material – Maple
- Binding – White / Cream
- Finish – Crimson Burst / Antarctican Burst / Cherry Sunburst
- Clearcoat – Gloss Polyurethane
- Material – Mahogany
- Binding – Yes
- Truss Rod Cover – Matt Pike’s Signature (not pictured)
- Nut Width – 1.69″
- Profile – 0.800″ at 1st Fret, 0.875″ at 12th Fret, Medium “C” profile
- Scale Length – 24.75″
- Fingerboard Material – Ebony
- Fretwire – Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Inlays – Matt Pike “Serpents Sun” Inlays designed by High on Fire Artist Jordan Barlow
- Fingerboard Radius – 12″
- Number Of Frets – 22
- Finish – Chrome
- Bridge – TonePros Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece – TonePros Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines – Grover Imperial
- Pickguard – None
- Pickup Rings – Black
- Control Knobs – Black Top Hats w/ Reflectors
- Switch Tip – Black
- Jack Plate Cover – Chrome
- Neck Pickup – Lace Matt Pike “Firespitters” Neck – 14.6 kohm
- Middle Pickup – Lace Matt Pike “Firespitters” Middle – 17.8 kohm
- Bridge Pickup – Lace Matt Pike “Firespitters” Bridge – 23.4 kohm
- Magnets: Mixture of Lace proprietary Barium Ferrite and Ceramic magnets.
- Windings: Lace Micro Matrix Bobbins that redirect the magnetic field into smaller, tighter loops. This creates a ‘monopole’ effect, and eliminates dead zones over the surface of the pickup.
- Controls – 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Tuning – C-Standard (C, F, A#, D#, G, C)
- Strings – D’Addario EXL145 (.012, .016, .020p, .032, .042, .054)
- Weight – Approximately 10.0lbs
- Case – Hard Shell Fitted Case Included
- Built in Indonesia by PT Wildwood (PRS, ESP)