Blackstar Unveils the Debut 50R
The latest addition to the Blackstar's Debut series: the Debut 50R.
The Debut 50R is designed to be a simple, all-analogue alternative to entry level digital modelling amplifiers. Ideal for pedal players, the Debut 50R focuses more on tone and usability rather than unwanted “bells and whistles."
The features have been carefully selected to cover all an aspiring guitarist’s practise and gigging needs: two footswitchable channels, our patented ISF (Infinite Shape Feature) tone control, power reduction down to 5 Watts, series effects loop and custom-voiced digital reverb with Plate and Hall options. This amp is available in two vintage designs; cream covering with oxblood fret, or black and ‘biscuit’ basketweave.
To deliver the natural sounding response of a valve amp, Blackstar’s UK based design team have chosen to implement a discrete MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) preamp. The overdrive characteristics of MOSFETs are similar to those of valves. Our R&D team have gone beyond other manufacturer’s MOSFET implementations to deliver a preamp design that is virtually indistinguishable from the chosen valve references.
- 50 Watt combo
- 2 Channels – Clean + Overdrive
- MOSFET preamp
- Clean / Bright voicing for the clean channel Patented ISF tone control
- 50W - 5W power reduction
- ‘Plate’ and ‘Hall’ reverb options
- Line In for jamming along or listening to music
- Speaker emulated Line Out for ‘silent’ practice or recording
- 1x12" custom-designed speaker, producing true Blackstar tones
- Series effects loop
- Stereo playback of Line In sources through headphones
- Dual footswitch control for channel switching and enabling/disabling Reverb
- Compatible with any 2-button latching footswitch (available separately)
- Vintage styling in cream and black options
Debut 50R | Demo | Blackstar
Blackstar Debut 50R 1 x 12 inch 50-watt Combo Amp - Black
Driftwood's first pedal takes the BURN channel from their flagship amp and puts it in a portable enclosure.
Driftwood uses the exact same high-end components as in our tube heads to ensure the same sound and feeling. In addition to the preamp Driftwood added the versatile power section controls Rumble, Sharp and the well-known Sizzle switch along with the Master volume to shape the overall tone and match it to your power amp. On board you can also find our T/S overdrive with Gain, Tone and Volume controls. You can also use it alone to boost your existing amp.
The Purple Nightmare can be used like a normal operation in three ways: plug your guitar cable into the Input of the pedal and connect the output from the pedal to a power amp, FX return or front input of your amp. If you have an amp with FX-Loop you can use the 4-wire method to basically just add another channel to your existing setup. By pressing the Bypass button your guitar signal is going straight to your amp’s input. When you activate the PreampPedal, the signal will be routed through the pedal and directly to the FX return of your existing amp without going through the preamp of your amp.
- Burn Channel from PurpleNightmare
- Four knobs: Gain – Treble – Mid – Bass controls
- Low/High gain switch
- Built-in T/S Overdrive with Gain – Tone – Volume controls
- Master section with Master – Rumble –Sharp controls
- 3-way Sizzle switch
- 2-Watt mosfet power amp for practice
- 4-cable connection method ready
- 12V DC 1,5A input
- 2x 12ax7 high grade selected
- External switch input for bypass and T/S
- 23cm x 15cm x 4.5cm aluminum enclosure
- 974g weight
The Purple Nightmare Pedal is hand built in Germany from premium quality components. It is available for €666.00 from driftwoodamps.com.
First Look: Blackstar St. James (EL34)
Super light and ready to take flight—this EL34 combo ranges from mellow to mean.