Top 10 First Looks of 2021
Watch again as our video talents summon the sounds that drove you to new inspirational heights.
10. Ernie Ball Music Man St. Vincent GoldieVanessa Wheeler
Ernie Ball-designed mini humbuckers lend new versatility to Annie Clark's bold signature six string.
9. Dunlop Justin Chancellor Cry Baby WahVictor Brodén
A Colorsound-inspired fuzz and Wal bass-derived filtering make the Tool bass man's signature fuzz-wah a uniquely wild ride.
8. Fender '68 Custom Pro ReverbDave Hunter
Fender's modern take on the classic amp adds a midrange control, ditches the "normal" channel, and substitutes the two speakers of yore with a single Celestion 12" Neo Creamback.
7. PRS Takes on Hendrix—the PRS HX 50 First Look DemoShawn Hammond
Having gained access to a specimen from Seattle's Museum of Pop Culture, PRS takes aim at the tones of Jimi Hendrix's modified Woodstock head.
6. Carr Super BeeDave Hunter
Crave big black-panel Fender feel in an amp that doesn’t bust eardrums? Carr's little brute delivers the substance and the sting.
5. Fender Player Plus Nashville TelecasterJohn Bohlinger
Classic Nashville mods and extra pickup switching options open up major tone acreage.
4. Fender Tone Master Super ReverbJohn Bohlinger
Big classic combo sounds live in a digitally-driven, black-panel beast you can actually lug up the stairs.
3. Fender Jason Isbell Custom TelecasterJohn Bohlinger
A unique mashup of vintage specs and an accessible price make the 400 Unit maestro's signature Tele' a screaming deal.
First Look: Epiphone Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess Standard DemoJohn Bohlinger
Dive-bombs, belly cuts, and sweet-singing split-coil tones—the Rush maestro's signature Epiphone is a supreme steal, too.
First Look: Boss TB-2W Tone BenderVanessa Wheeler
A stompbox goliath and a London fuzz pioneer honor the Tone Bender that elevated electric guitar to psychedelically stratospheric heights.