(November 6, 2009) -- Ableton has announced a number of promotions in celebration of their 10th anniversary. Live users will be able to download new Live Packs, discount upgrades, and more. They've also announced the release of a few new entry-level programs.
Free Live Packs - For Live 8 and Suite 8 users: Ableton is giving away 10 free Live Packs from Ableton artists - songs and sounds from 10 truly innovative artists including Múm, Apparat, Thavius Beck, Swayzak and Junie Morrison (formerly of the Ohio Players). These Live Packs are a rare opportunity to delve inside real songs by real artists and see how these guys work their Live mojo.
20% off Live 8 and Suite 8, including upgrades - During Able10, Ableton Live 8 and Suite 8 are up to 20% cheaper.
This discount offer applies to new licenses and upgrades, so both new and existing customers can benefit.
Free upgrade to Intro for LE users - Ableton is offering Live LE users a special Able10 bonus: a completely free upgrade to Live Intro.
Live Lite 8 is out now - Live Lite users can get a free upgrade to Live Lite 8, the latest
version with numerous improvements, updates and an inspiring content
All offers are available at ableton.com/able10
Discount offers are valid from November 4, 2009 to January 15, 2010. Full terms and conditions for these offers are available on the Ableton website.
Ableton Live Intro - Ableton Live Intro provides the essentials of Ableton Live at an unbeatable price. For both talented newcomers and seasoned professionals, Live Intro has got what it takes for writing songs, making beats, recording, remixing, DJing and performing music live on stage.
For those just starting out, Live Intro's fluid workflow, real-time audio manipulation and an impressive 7 GB audio content package provide a smart step into the world of music production and digital DJing.
For established DJs and producers, Live Intro provides studio-quality sound and an opportunity to plug Live's renowned composition and performance features into any digital audio setup via ReWire. Live Intro is effectively a whole new way to write and perform for less than the price of a plug-in.
* Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
* Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
* Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
* Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
* Supports AIFF, WAV, MP3, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files
* Full ReWire support; runs as Slave or Master
* Top-grade content package with loops and beats from premium sound designers
* 500 built-in Instrument Racks and Drum Racks plus Simpler (a sampler) and Impulse (a virtual drum machine)
* 200 built-in audio and MIDI effects
* Powerful groove engine; apply and extract grooves in real time
* VST and AU support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
* Simple MIDI mapping plus instant mapping for selected hardware
* Single-screen user interface for simple, creativity-focused operation
* Multicore and multiprocessor support
* 7 GB of instruments, beats and loops (in the boxed version of Live Intro, the download version includes a 1 GB selection)
* "Construction Kits" - practical song/track templates
* Built-in interactive lessons
* Printed Getting Started Guide in English, French, German or Japanese (box only)
* Localized software menus, tutorials and PDF reference manuals in English, Spanish, French, German and Japanese
More information, including a detailed feature comparison between Live Intro and the full version of Ableton Live, is available at: ableton.com/live-intro. Live Intro is available as a boxed product and as a download from music retailers worldwide and in the Ableton web shop. Pricing is around $99.
Max for Live - Good news for those eagerly awaiting Max for Live - we are pleased to announce that it will be released on November 23, 2009. Beta testing has started, details are available on the Ableton website.
Max for Live will be available at the Ableton web shop. Pricing will be around USD 299/EUR 249 for Ableton Live 8 users, additional discounts will be available for users who also own Max/MSP 5.