Pomona, CA (August 26, 2010) – Axes & Axles: The Art of Building Cars and Guitars, Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the Fender Telecaster, a new exhibition to acknowledge the synergy between guitars (axes) and cars (axles), will be on view at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum, presented by Automobile of Southern California, from September 4, 2010 through June 30, 2011. This exhibit will feature a vast collection of rare photographs, rock memorabilia and personal cars and guitars from rock icons such as Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Michael Anthony, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Billy F Gibbons and many more.
As part of the 60th Anniversary of the Fender Telecaster guitar, the exhibit will also illustrate the history of Fender and celebrate one of the most famous guitars ever built, the Telecaster.
“Guitars and cars have a great deal in common: both are means of expression, both generated fanatical fans and both offer a stairway to freedom,” said Museum Director Tony Thacker, “This new exhibit will showcase the amazing connection of guitars and hot rod building. It’s going to make visitors want to rock!”
Some of the celebrity cars and guitars in the exhibit include:
* Michael Anthony, former bassist for the rock band Van Halen
* Jeff Beck, legendary English rock guitarist
* Eric Clapton, famed English blues-rock guitarist, singer, songwriter and composer
* Chip Foose, celebrity automotive designer
* Billy F Gibbons, guitarist of ZZ Top
* Kenny Wayne Shepherd, blues/rock guitarist
* Brian Setzer, American guitarist, singer, songwriter, and actor
* Jimmie Vaughan, American blues guitarist and singer
* SO-CAL Speed Shop, leaders in automotive design
A variety of educational programs will be presented in conjunction with the exhibition including guitar demonstrations and a panel discussion with hot rod builders and musicians.
For more information:
Source: Press Release
- Rig Rundowns
- Pro Advice