Crazy Tube Circuits Announces the Motherload Fuzz
Motherload pays homage to the classic fuzz/distortion pedals that set the benchmark of saturated guitar sound.
At the heart of this pedal, you will find two distinct all analog circuits inspired by the Holy Grail of Big Muff® and RAT® designs.
R circuit goes from a touch of overdrive all the way up to roaring distortion. The filter knob is there to ensure that you will smooth out high frequencies or cut through the mix when needed.
M side is the classic fuzz distortion beast you would expect but with great string separation and rich in harmonics for almost infinite sustain. The tone knob is the classic muff-style knob while the voice knob helps you cycle through the wide spectrum of muff design variations.
Each circuit is independent from the other with its own EQ control(s) until…you hit the LINK EQ button. This is where all the magic happens! Now all the EQ controls are active in both circuits and a whole new sonic palette is revealed.
- toggle switch to select between M or R circuit.
- DRIVE SECTION:
- gain knob controls the amount of saturation.
- volume knob controls the overall output volume.
- EQ SECTION:o filter is the EQ control - variable low pass filter - of the R circuit
- tone is the EQ control – blend between fixed lowpass and highpass filters - of the M circuit.
- voice control sweeps through the mid frequencies’ tonal variations of the different muff circuits throughout the years
- LINK EQ activates all three tone controls (filter, voice, and tone) in both fuzz distortion circuits.Top mounted jacks
- Click-less True Bypass design via high-quality relay
- Power Supply: 9V DC, center negative power supply (not included)
- Current consumption 35mA @ 9V DC
- Dark grey die-cast enclosure with holy grail image
- Made in Greece
Street price: 249 Euro
For more information, please visit crazytubecircuits.com.
- Crazy Tube Circuits Unveils the Killer V ›
- Crazy Tube Circuits TI:ME Review ›
- Quick Hit: Crazy Tube Circuits Magnifier Review ›