The amp can be used as a stereo 2-channel amplifier, two parallel amplifiers for full stereo signal chain, or with two guitars at the same time, each with its own amp and FX loop.
After its previously successful introduction of the Simplifier analog preamp/cab sim, Chilean-based DSM Humboldt is announcing the Simplifier Deluxe, a brand new zero watt amplifier/pedal with remarkable features and a variety of new sounds.
With this tone-sculpting device, guitar players can now easily dial in unique sounds by choosing cabinet options, different tube configurations, amps and gain stages, reverb modes, and more. The Simplifier Deluxe will go from sparkling cleans, to chimey warm blues, and fire-breather high gain chunks. All of this comes in a small package measuring just 5.1 x 3.9 x 2.5 inches.
Similar to its little brother, the Simplifier, there are endless connectivity options and multiple configurations for rehearsing via headphones out, recording, or live scenarios.
For this product release, DSM Humboldt is offering a limited-time bundle that includes a compact footswitch for choosing channels and reverb.
DSM&Humboldt: SIMPLIFIER DLX
Simplifier Deluxe features include:
Ultra Connectivity Platform
- Use it as a stereo 2-channel amplifier, or two parallel amplifiers for full stereo signal chain, or with two guitars at the same time, each with its own amp and FX loop.
- Mono or Stereo mode Input.
- Stereo FX send with preamp bypass option for each channel.
- Stereo Thru jack for recording an unaffected signal, WDW, or monitoring purposes.
- Right and Left FX return jacks. If the Left return is empty, it can be set to be a slave of the right channel for mono use or take the signal from channel B for full stereo.
- DI outputs.
- ¼-inch outputs with option to bypass the power+cab emulation.
Two Fully Independent Preamps
- Two studio grade preamps capable of modeling iconic amplifier tones. Each channel boasts:
- 3 preamp types (MS Brit, American, AC Brit)
- 3 Gain modes (Clean, Crunch and Lead)
- Channel A models a cranked amplifier with phase splitter saturation, producing dynamic range of distortion harmonics, ultra-responsive picking, pinching harmonics that fly from fingers. Ideal for aggressive and expressive playing.
- Channel B models the same amps, but with a warmer, rounder response, perfect for sweet cleans, blues crunch up to heavy rhythm guitar.
New Stereo Reverb with Three Modes
- Including a full stereo reverb with mix control for each channel independently.
- Three reverb modes
Housed in a custom-designed aluminum chassis, Simplifier Deluxe can also serve as a high-grade headphone amp with Aux Input. Left and right power amp and cabinet settings are the same as the original Simplifier.
According to Jano Acevedo, DSM Humboldt CEO, "In a world filled with digital tools for guitar players, we aim to be a bridge for people who want a different experience. We think that analogue stands alone, and the new Simplifier Deluxe is a perfect example.
The worldwide release date for Simplifier Deluxe will be May 2021, with a MAP price of $449.90 USD.
For more information:
- DSM Noisemaker Unveils the OmniCabSim Mini - Premier Guitar ... ›
- No Mics, No Cab, No Problem! - Premier Guitar | The best guitar and ... ›
- DSM & Humboldt Electronics Introduce the Simplifier - Premier Guitar ›
- No Mics, No Cab, No Problem! - Premier Guitar ›
- DSM Humboldt Introduces the ClearComp 1078 Dynamic Threshold Compressor - Premier Guitar ›
Looking for more great gear for the guitar player in your life (yourself included!)? Check out this year's Holiday Gear Finds!
D'Addario XPND Pedalboard
DR-05X Stereo Handheld Recorder
Wampler Pedals Ratsbane
Flare is a dual-function pedal with a tube-like booster and a 1970s-style ring modulator effect that can be played separately or together.
Flare’s ring modulator is based on the iconic tone of the original Dan Armstrong Green Ringer. This vintage classic was made famous by Frank Zappa who loved the unusual modulations created by generating a harmonic octave over notes. Messiah’s version offers two control knobs: a “Sparkle” tone attenuator and output Level control. Its taupe-gold body, purple and green knobs and stick-figure rock ’n’ roller holding up a flame convey an appropriately rockin’70s vibe.
In a unique twist, Messiah’s Flare pairs the ringer with a warm tube-style boost instead of a fuzz. Flare feeds the booster into the ringer for an extra punch, while preserving the Green Ringerspirit. The ringer side also turns any fuzz into an octafuzz, and it has the ability to quiet signal background noise fed through it.
The booster side features a single Boost knob to control the MOSFET circuit, making it very tube-amp-friendly with a warm, organic boost and gain of up to 32dB.
The pedal is a distinct improvement over the 1970s pedal that inspired it. “Most ringer pedals don’t track well,” Tom Hejda, owner of Messiah Guitars. “The player can’t rely on repeating the same effect even with the most consistently played notes. We carefully matched the components, so our ringer follows your every move, producing that slightly dirty octave you expect on demand.”
Messiah developed this vintage octave pedal with flexible features so that people who love that messy, dirty Zappa-esque sound can get there with ease but there’s also something for those who have not fallen in love with fuzz or the Green Ringer alone. Flare offers an array of sonic options while retaining simplicity in the controls.
Each Flair Pedal Includes:
- 3 control knobs: Boost, Sparkle, and Level
- Two effects – Ring Modulator and Boost – can be used together or separately
- Space-saving top side jacks
- Durable, cast aluminum alloy 125B enclosure with fun artwork
- Easy to see, illuminated True-bypass foot switch
- Standard 9V pedal power input
Flare Pedal Demo
Messiah Guitars pedals are designed with an explorative player in mind. Like their custom guitars and amplifiers, Messiah’s pedals are hand-crafted in Los Angeles for a long life with guaranteed quality.
Flare retails for $199.00 and can be purchased directly at Messiah Guitars or you can hear it in person at Impulse Music Co. in Canyon Country, CA.
For more information, please visit messiahguitars.com.
This feathery little guy is a joy to play because of its incredibly quick response to your right hand - much faster and more expressive than your typical auto-wah pedal.
If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and QUACKS like a duck, then it must be a duck. That's how we came up with the name for our new envelope filter. This feathery little guy is a joy to play because of its incredibly quick response to your right hand - much faster and more expressive than your typical auto-wah pedal. Trevor explains how this is possible in the launch video, as well as gives a demo on Le Canard’s operation.
The attack control determines how quickly the filter responds to the envelope, and the decay sets how quickly the filter releases afterward. The range controls which frequency spectrum the filter does its magic on. Add to this relay-based full-bypass switching with failsafe, and you've got one crazy little quacky beast. It is so expressive that you'll want to give up on your rocker-wah forever.
The MayFly Le Canard envelope filter features:
- Super fast responding envelope follower. Touch it and it jumps!
- Range control to dial in the character of the filter
- Attack control to control how fast the filter moves on that first touch
- Release control to control how slowly the filter slides back to baseline
- Full bypass using relays with Fail SafeTM (automatically switches to bypass if the pedal loses power)
- Cast aluminum enclosure with groovy artwork
- MSRP $149 USD ($199 CAD)
Introducing the MayFly Le Canard Envelope Filter
All MayFly pedals are hand-made in Canada.
For more information, please visit mayflyaudio.com.
Outlaw Effects introduces their next generation of NOMAD rechargeable battery-powered pedal boards.
Available in two sizes, NOMAD ISO is a compact, versatile tool that offers the convenience of a fully powered board plus the additional freedom of not having to plug into an outlet. NOMAD ISO is ideal for stages with limited outlet availability, quick changeovers, busking outdoors, temporary rehearsal locations, and more.
NOMAD ISO builds upon the legacy of the ultra-convenient and reliable NOMAD rechargeable pedalboard line originally launched in 2018. The brand new NOMAD ISO editions feature eight isolated outputs (1 x 9V DC, and 1 switchable 9V/12V DC) for even more versatility and clean, quiet power. With an integrated lithium-ion battery pack boasting 12800mAh capacity, NOMAD ISO can fuel a wide array of pedals, and will last over 10 hours* on a single charge.
Each NOMAD ISO pedal board includes adhesive hook & loop pedal-mounting tape, eight (8) standard DC connector cables, and one (1) reverse polarity DC cable, giving you everything you need to build your ultimate "off-the-grid" rig. A rugged, road-ready padded gig bag with shoulder strap is also included, to safely protect your gear while you're on the move.
NOMAD ISO S
NOMAD ISO S: MSRP $309 / MAP: $249
Dimensions: 19 ¼" x 5 ¼"
NOMAD ISO M
NOMAD ISO M: MSRP $349 / MAP $279
Dimensions: 19 ¼" x 11"
More info: https://www.outlawguitareffects.com.