A custom shop V-style guitar made for Accept's legendary 6-stringer.
The team at the Framus Custom Shop in Markneukirchen, Germany presents another signature model for Wolf Hoffmann and shows what German guitar making is capable of. The WH-1 Bionic Snake impresses in every detail from the finish to the smallest hardware part. If you can dream it, we can build it!
The basis for the finish is sand-blasted lacewood, which, together with the chrome and green tones, creates a special structure/surface. The snake motif, which is borrowed from the current record cover, was applied to this. This application is made of real steel and has a 3D effect due to its majesty.
The WH-1 Special Bionic Snake was tailor-made for Wolf Hoffmann. He is a world-class guitarist who made metal history with his band Accept. In Framus he has found the ideal partner to turn his vision of the "perfect" guitar into reality at the highest level.
- Matched Headstock: Lacewood, Special Bionic Snake Finish
- Machineheads: Graph Tech Ratio Locking Machine Heads with Wooden Knobs
- Nut: Locking Nut
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fretboard: Tigerstripe Ebony
- Inlay: Block Pyramid
- Leds or Fluorescent Side Dots: Side Edge LED in Green
- Fingerboard Radius: 305 mm (12")
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Width Nut: 41,3 mm / 1.6"
- Width 12th fret: 51,5 mm / 2.0"
- Fret quantitiy meterial and size: 24 small and high Nickel Silver frets
- Frets: IFT - Invisible Fretwork Technology, Plek Fretwork
- Body Shape: Curved Body shape
- Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): Lacewood Top / Maple Backside
- Pickups: Fishman Fluence Single Coil (neck), Fishman Fluence Humbucker (bridge)
- E Compartment Cover: Aluminum
- Pot layout: Volume (P/P for selecting voice of Humbucker)
- Switch: 3-way switch
- Bridge system: Floyd Rose by "Kiss my strings"
- Strap system: Warwick security locks
- Construction: Neck-through
- Left Righthand: Special Bionic Snake Finish (Sandblasted Top)
- Colour possibilities: No lefthand version
- Hardware colour: Sandblast Black hardware
- String label String gauges: Cleartone Strings (.010"- .046")
- Weight: 3.397 kg
- Included accessories: Framus User Kit including hex key tools and cleaning cloth
- Packing: Framus FV-Model Guitar Leather Bag
Only produced to order. Delivery time 4-5 months.
Not available in Germany!
The recommended retail price of the Framus Custom Shop WH-1 Signature, 6-String - Special Bionic Snake is € 15.709,00 incl. VAT
The US pricing is $19, 500.00
Kick off the holiday season by shopping for the guitar player in your life at Guitar Center! Now through December 24th 2022, save on exclusive instruments, accessories, apparel, and more with hundreds of items at their lowest prices of the year.
We’ve compiled this year’s best deals in the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide presented by Guitar Center.
Fender honors the indie-legend with signature pickups and accessories.
Fender announces the J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster Pickups, an ode to one of alternative music’s most prolific shredders. Throughout Dinosaur Jr’s twelve album discography and his rich solo career, Mascis has established himself as one of guitar playing’s most tone-savvy and ferocious players.
At the heart of his genre-defining, nearly four decades-long legacy is the Fender Jazzmaster. Not only does the bold and angular design of the Jazzmaster lend itself to a player as subversive as Mascis, but there is no instrument that sounds quite like it. That is, until now.
Compared to the tones on the Fender J Mascis Signature Telecaster and the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster, Mascis notes,“The new pickups have a sweeter more vintage sound,” and as his hopes for what people might feel when they test out the new pickups, J Mascis adds, “I hope they feel like playing their guitar, ideally they could make a song that could be my new favorite record!”
Key Features Include:
- Neck Pickup: 7.27K and Bridge Pickup: 7.31K DC Resistance
- Neck Pickup: 3.6 Henries, Bridge Pickup: 3.7 Henries Inductance
- Enamel-coated magnet wire delivers warm vintage-style tones
- Alnico 2 rod magnets for warm, sweet output
- Flush-mount pole pieces produce even string response
- Installation hardware include
Exploring the J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster Pickup Set | Artist Signature Series | Fender
The pickups are being released as part of a larger collection of signature J Mascis Accessories which include J Mascis Magenta Flower Strap, J Mascis Yellow Burst Strap, J Mascis Coiled Instrument Cable and J Mascis Dinosaur Jr. Pick Tin.
For more information, please visit fender.com.
Charvel unveils its new collab with guitarist Marco Sfogli.
Charvel unveils its new collaboration with PFM and Icefish guitarist Marco Sfogli. To pay homage to a guitarist whose sonic capabilities seem to know no bounds, Charvel has sought out to create a signature instrument as limitless as the player who inspired it. A pair of active EMG SA single-coils in the middle and neck positions effortlessly evoke classic Stratocaster bell tones, while an EMG ‘89 bridge humbucker provides a powerful bite. The signature model’s bolt-on maple neck has received a unique “caramelized” heat and drying treatment that imbues the wood with a warmth and comfort that is usually unique to expensive vintage instruments.
- Alder body with quilted maple top
- Scalloped lower back bout and cut heel
- Bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement, 22 jumbo frets, and Luminlay side dot inlays.
- EMG SA single-coil neck and middle pickups, EMG ‘89 humbucking bridge pickup.
- Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Five-way blade pickup selector, tone control, and volume control with push/pull coil splitting capabilities for the bridge pickup.
Marco Sfogli Presents His Signature Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSS FR QM
- Signature S1-style guitar designed in collaboration with Marco Sfogli
- Classic alder body with an unmistakable California sound
- Quilt maple top for added tonal depth and a premium look
- For more information, please visit charvel.com.
A highly versatile sonic tool, the pedal can deliver a broad range of tones – everything from mild, wonderfully organic overdrive to medium-gain crunch with a richly satisfying midrange kick.
The pedal is a collaboration between Shnobel Tone and guitarist, songwriter, composer, and record producer Frank Simes. Based in Hollywood, Simes‘ long list of credits includes work with A-list artists such as Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Warren Zevon, RodStewart, Roger Waters, Roger Daltrey, and Martha Davis from The Motels. Additionally, Simes was the musical director for The Who for many years.
Its touch sensitivity makes it a perfect choice for guitarists who rely on precise right-hand technique, and it cleans up nicely when you roll back your guitar's volume knob.
Frank Simes Overdrive features include:
- Three knobs: Volume, Gain, and Tone controls
- True bypass foot switch
- Top mounted power and in/out jacks
- Hand-built with through-hole components
- Crinkle-coated diecast aluminum enclosure, dimensions 4.7 x 3.7 Inches
- Standard 9v center negative power – no battery compartment
Frank Simes Signature Overdrive
Shnobel Tone’s Frank Simes Overdrive has a suggested retail price and MAP of $249.
For more information, please visit shnobeltone.com.