Gamechanger Audio Releases the Bigsby Pedal with Fender
A polyphonic pitch shifting pedal with a design capable of reproducing the feel and sound of the classic Bigsby tremolo arm.
The pedal features Rate, Blend, Tone, and Depth controls, plus an Invert switch on the back panel to change the pitch shift direction, while the Detune parameter mimics the imperfections and dissonant properties of traditional mechanical string-bending hardware. The Bigsby Pedal is also equipped with an external Footswitch Input to turn on Latching Mode as well as an Expression Output that allows you to use the Bigsby as a spring-loaded EXP controller for other audio devices. The Bigsby also offers full MIDI CC and PC control over all parameters, including preset recalling, and clock syncing. These MIDI capabilities make the Bigsby Pedal a versatile tool for any musician.
The new pedal is being released in close collaboration with Fender - the Bigsby brand's parent company. The partnership began in the summer of 2019 when Gamechanger Audio approached Fender with the idea to create a Bigsby-style pitch-shifting pedal. This idea was born out of a long-standing admiration for the Bigsby system’s unique feel, sound, and design. Gamechanger Audio's main goal was to develop a powerful new algorithm to offer Bigsby tones digitally while keeping the pedal's interface as close as possible to Paul Bigsby’s timeless hardware design.
- EXP OUT: This allows you to use the Bigsby as a unique spring-loaded Expression Controller with fully adjustable Depth, Rate and Offset controls – for modulating any expression parameters of other pedals and effects units (via a TRS 1⁄4” jack cable). The BIGSBY Pedal’s Expression Output can be used either in parallel with or independently from the pitch-shifting algorithm.
- FSW IN: The Bigsby Pedal’s FSW IN connector is compatible with all standard momentary or toggle type footswitches with a TS (Tip/Sleeve) 1⁄4” jack (normally closed or normally open). You can also use a dual-latching footswitch with a TRS jack – in this case, only one side of the footswitch will work. Pressing the footswitch will activate Latch mode. When latched, the Bigsby will hold a constant interval determined by the current position of the Depth knob – this way, you don’t have to hold down the Bigsby Pedal for long phrases. When in Latch mode, you can still use the Bigsby’s foot-pedal to make momentary dives and detune effects up to two semitones. Pressing the opposite side of the foot-pedal will flip the pitch shift direction.
- MIDI IN (3.5mm type B connector): This allows you to control all functions of the Bigsby Pedal via CC messages and create and save presets onto ten preset slots, syncing the Rate parameter to a specific tempo (with subdivisions), and more.
BIGSBY Pedal Features Overview | Part 1 | Gamechanger Audio
$379.00 USD. Bigsby Pedal Product Page: gamechangeraudio.com/bigsby-pedal.
- Gamechanger Audio and Third Man Records Announce the Plasma ... ›
- Gamechanger Audio: Robots, Bug Zappers & Motor-Driven Dreams ... ›
- Gamechanger Audio LIGHT Pedal Review - Premier Guitar ›