Spaceman Effects Releases the Aurora Flanger
A BBD-style flanger with two LFO types, two tape emulations, and a static comb filtering option.
The Aurora is an analog BBD flanger starring a powerful modulation bus with 2 LFO types, 2 tape emulations, and a static comb filtering option. This provides several shades of flange, vibrato, lush chorus, phase, and filtery spatial effects with an unparalleled level of custom waveform animation, tonal flexibility and superb sound quality.
MAS Distro: Spaceman Effects - Aurora Analog Flanger
Expanding on Spaceman's product line, the Aurora is the first Standard Edition pedal to introduce colorways. The lush ripples of its swirling soundscape are mirrored in its vibrant aesthetic.
Plug in and slip into the ephemeral night.
- Brilliant clarity through a noise-reducing compander, and filters with a carefully tuned frequency response.
- A dedicated 100% wet / dry MIX control.
- Traditional AND unique multi-slope controls via two LFO modes.
- Emulation of your finger on the flange of a tape deck via 2 TAPE modes.
- Create subtle to not-so-subtle spatial effects with the static COMB filter.
- Maximum delay path headroom via a 256-stage MN3009 delay chip.
- Lush vintage sound of an all-analog signal path.
- Slowest sweep: > 60s
- Wide sweep ratio: > 20:1
- Delay time: 0.35ms-8ms
Hand-wired and built in Portland, Oregon, the Aurora features true-bypass relay switching with soft-touch footswitches. On top of the cast-aluminum enclosure sits a durable, engraved vinyl faceplate and jewel indicator light. This pedal is built to last a lifetime, both on Earth or in the vacuum of space.
Input Resistance: 1M Ohm
Bypass Current Draw: 24mA
Engaged Current Draw: 58mA
Input Voltage: 9v DC, negative center via the 2.1mm jack
For more information:
- Spaceman Sputnik Review - Premier Guitar ›
- Spaceman Gemini IV Review - Premier Guitar ›
- Spaceman Titan II Review - Premier Guitar ›