At just 4.4 inches and weighing 3 ounces, the robust LS-7 literally fits into any pocket. Additionally, like its LS series brethren, the device features uncompressed 24 bit/96kHz linear PCM recording capability to capture rich, dynamic sound quality. It has the versatility to record and play back in WAV, MP3 and WMA formats with either its internal mics or by plugging in an external mic.
Equipped with a generous 4 gigabytes of internal flash memory, the LS-7 easily captures lengthy, uncompressed PCM recordings. It also features a microSD removable media card slot. Users can move files between internal and external memory to help manage storage. Ideal for extended recording sessions, the LS-7 operates on two rechargeable AAA batteries.
The LS-7 employs two condenser stereo mics and a center, omni-directional mic capable of capturing lower bass ranges as low as 20Hz. The 45-degree outward positions of the two condenser mics enable users to record with wider stereo sound. Its flat frequency response characteristic generated by new code achieves natural recording quality. In addition, the LS-7 can play back audio on its built-in speaker, allowing more than one person to listen to a recording simultaneously.
A pre-record buffer allows the LS-7 to capture two seconds of audio before the record button is depressed. Another key LS-7 feature is voice guidance, whereby the recorder can provide audio prompts for users with assistive needs.
Olympus Sonority Software is included with the LS-7 to simplify the managing and editing of audio recordings. It allows users to easily download, manage and convert sound files and perform waveform editing on a PC or Mac.
In addition to Olympus Sonority software, the LS-7 is packaged with a USB cable, windscreen, carrying case, two rechargeable AAA batteries, strap, an instruction manual and Olympus warranty card. Optional accessories for the LS-7 include the infrared RS-30W Wireless Remote, WJ2 Wind Jammer and A514 AC adaptor.
The LS-7 has an estimated street price of $199.99 (U.S.). It will be available in March 2011.
- Recording formats: Linear PCM, MP3 and WMA
- Frequency response (built-in mics): 20Hz-20kHz (center mic ON) or 70Hz-20kHz (center mic OFF)
- Maximum headphone output: 4.0mW + 4.0mW (at load of 16Ω)
- Recording Media: 4GB built-in memory / up to 32GB with microSD/SDHC Card
- Peak LED
- Speaker: 20mm diameter, round dynamics speaker (monaural)
- MIC jack: 3.5mm diameter, mini-jack, impedance 2.2kΩ
- EAR jack: 3.5mm diameter, impedance 8Ω or more
- Maximum speaker output: 400mW (8Ω load)
- Pre-recording: PCM 24bit: 1sec / PCM 16bit, MP3, WMA: 2sec
- File editing function: Divide (PCM/MP3), Partial Erase (PCM), Move/Copy
- Automatic recording level
- Limitter ON / Compressor ON / OFF
- Low cut filter: OFF / 100Hz / 300Hz
- Olympus Sonority Sound Editing Software
- Wireless remote control set (RS-30W) (optional)
- Tripod hole
- USB interface: Mass Storage Class (High Speed 2.0) / Audio Class (44.1kHz/16bit)
- Compatible OS (USB connection): Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS X 10.4.1-10.6
- Battery: two AAA batteries (LR03) or two Olympus Ni-MH rechargeable batteries
- External power supply: A514 AC adapter (DC5V) (optional)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 112 x 39.8 x 15.9 mm
- Weight: 90g (including batteries)
- Over 11 hours (built-in memory) of Linear PCM recording time
- Over 131 hours (built-in memory) of MP3 recording time
- Over 1,007 hours (built-in memory) of WMA recording time
- Included items: Ni-MH rechargeable batteries, CD-ROM(Olympus Sonority Sound Editing Software), USB cable, strap, windscreen, carrying case and manual
Source: Press Release