Stevensville, MD (March 20, 2009) -- PRS Guitars has announced a limited release of 100 Howard Leese Golden Eagle guitars. The guitars will be available at select authorized PRS dealers in the coming months.
This limited edition is modeled upon the very first maple top guitar Paul Smith ever built. On that guitar, the maple top actually came from a dresser drawer given to Paul by a friend. The original guitar became Howard Leese's number one guitar
for more than 15 years, and was on display at this winter's NAMM show.
Features of the limited run include an East Coast curly maple top with a filled in drawer hole like the original, a Santana type body shape modified like Howard's, old-style Mother of Pearl birds with modified wings, Vintage Yellow/Amber stain that matches Howard's guitar, high gloss nitro finish and a pre-factory Santana headstock shape, along with other details that carefully make this guitar a classic reproduction of the original. The case is even modeled after Howard’s case--a green flight case with purple lining. Golden Eagle models will be available at select authorized PRS dealers in the coming months.
* Santana type body shape – thickness & carve modified to be exactly like Howard’s guitar
* East Coast curly maple top including the filled in drawer holes and Green ripple abalone purfling strips
* Mahogany back with the same thickness as Howard’s guitar
* Specially selected dark, South American mahogany neck with modified neck heel
* 24 fret, 24.5" scale length with 11.5" radius and bound rosewood fingerboard
* Old style Mother of Pearl birds with modified wings and black side dots
* Phase II Locking tuners with big buttons
* Custom pre-factory Santana headstock shape with Ebony headstock veneer, toned Mother of Pearl Private Stock eagle and modified truss rod cover
* Unplated PRS tremolo
* Volume/Tone/Tone with 3-way slide switch and amber, top hat style control knobs
* Golden Eagle pickups with zebra bobbins and créme pickup rings
* Nickel Hardware
* Vintage Yellow/Amber high gloss nitro finish stained to match Howard’s guitar
* Green flight case with purple lining, made to match Howard’s case
For more information:
- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs