- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs
TC Electronic PolyTune
TC Electronic has just revolutionized guitar tuning at a stroke – or strum – with PolyTune, the world’s first polyphonic guitar tuner. This cutting-edge tuning technology revolutionizes tuning and accomplishes what has been deemed ‘impossible’ until now: tuning all strings simultaneously! Simply strum – PolyTune will tell you which strings need tuning – tune up and you’re ready to rock!
PolyTune obviously has a chromatic tuner as well, rivaling the best current tuning technology out there, with an amazing +/- 0.5 cent accuracy. MonoPoly, another unique new TC Electronic technology, recognizes whether you play one or more strings and seamlessly switches between the polyphonic or the chromatic tuner on the fly.
PolyTune offers unprecedented visibility using an ambient light sensor, which automatically matches the intensity of the super bright LEDs to its surroundings. This ensures that the PolyTune display can be seen in any lighting conditions. So whatever the gig, whatever the light, whatever the situation, guitarists can now strum, tune and rock in an instant.
True Bypass makes sure that PolyTune preserves the integrity of your precious tone. It allows for the signal to flow unaffected when the pedal is bypassed and for silent tuning once engaged. The PolyTune pedal chassis features a diecast aluminum box, heavy duty footswitch and 100 LED display, all built to endure life on the road. MSRP $149.
TC Electronic Vintage Guitar Pedal Plug-Ins for PowerCore
With TC’s Vintage Guitar Pedal Bundle, PowerCore users now have the chance to add five of the most sought-after vintage guitar effects pedals to their plug-in collections – including the unique SCF, TC’s legendary Stereo Chorus Flanger.
That plug-in list in full: SCF (Stereo Chorus Flanger), Booster/Distortion, XII Phaser, Sustainer/Parametric EQ, Dual Parametric Equalizer…
These five plug-ins are exact software replicas of the first five products ever to roll off the TC production line. The bundle has been lovingly created using the original schematics of these ultrarare and collectible hardware pedals, ensuring that the software gives the exact same results as the original vintage hardware.
When combined, these five plug-ins compliment each other superbly, putting powerful sonic tools at your fingertips and giving almost unrivalled tone-shaping potential. Developed for guitar but with character enough to stamp their authority on any sound, the Vintage Guitar Pedal Bundle represents a milestone in sonic purity and depth of tone. MSRP $249.
The plug-ins in more detail:
• The Holy Grail of stereo chorus and flanging
• Used by countless pros, including Erik Johnson, Robben Ford, John Petrucci…
• Though originally intended for use with guitar, many keyboard players have adapted the SCF in
their setup – especially to give the extra ‘touch’ on Rhodes electric pianos
• Unique sound revered by musicians and studio engineers
• Original hardware based on carefully selected high-end military-grade components Booster/Distortion
• Raw, un-tamed and decidedly vintage flavor distortion
• Transparent boost that will not color your tone
• The sound of vintage tube amps cranked to high levels
• Use it to push tube amps into even higher gears
• Used by top end pros such as Scott Ian (Anthrax) and Allan Holdsworth
• Built-in noise gate that holds feedback in a firm leg lock, only letting through the boosted – yet uncolored – roaring signal from your strokes
• From ethereal sounds to extremely grungy effects and everything in between
• Other phasing effects can add subtle and almost inaudible nuances to your tone, but with TC XII
Phaser you’re in doubt whether or not it’s switched into the signal path
• Great on clean funky chords to overdriven riffs to super-saturated leads
• Integral 4-8-12 filter selector offers a variety of settings that radically altering the phasing from wild, lo-fi retro to pure grandiosity and back again
• Sustainer section prolongs the life of even the weakest tone otherwise destined for premature death
• Combine sustain and EQ to greatly enhance tone
• Subtle compression to extreme sustain effects, all at the turn of a knob
• Cranked to extreme levels to give your sound that percussive ‘thud’ – brilliant for funk or country
• Parametric EQ puts you in full control of which frequencies to target
Dual Parametric Equalizer
• Enriches sound – cleans up tone and adds focus
• The secret weapon of many pros musicians and producers
• Dual EQ: shape those lower frequencies while boosting the midrange
• The perfect ‘go-to’ parametric EQ. DPE became an iconic tone-shaping device for acoustic and electric guitar but adds presence, focus and weight to any audio signal.
Note: the Vintage Guitar Pedal Bundle is for 2nd generation PowerCores only.
Supported PowerCores are: PowerCore PCI Mk.II, PowerCore Unplugged, PowerCore Express, PowerCore Compact, PowerCore FireWire, PowerCore X8 and PowerCore 6000
TC Electronic ComboClassic & Combo Staccato
The brand new ComboClassic delivers pure tone and power by offering players easy access to a wide range of classic tones, all via a versatile vintage tone control section. ComboStaccato is a new combo that uses a custom-tuned amp made to Tower Of Power and bass legend Rocco Prestia’s exact specification and ear. It offers a full-bodied tone and its ultra fast precision response enhances the percussive elements of Rocco’s playing to perfection.
With ComboClassic and ComboStaccato added to Combo450, bass players now have a range of combos that deliver on all levels, and whichever one they choose they will enjoy some incredible features that will take their sound to a new level. The unique TubeTone control section in each bass head delivers all of the rich characteristics of a full-on tube amp while SpectraComp™ delivers more bite and punch than any other bass amp compressor by allowing ‘per string’ compression. The range has also been designed with maximum flexibility in mind. Each of the three combos allows for the amp head to be removed or swapped with other TC Electronic amp heads in a matter of seconds. This unique modularity system allows maximum freedom of choice in selecting the amp or even using the amp outside of the combo.
All three combos deliver an impressive 450 Watts as well as TC Electronic’s Active Power Management system giving them maximum power impact and resulting in the combo behaving like a tube amp at full blast. Try finding all of these key features in any other combo on the market!
The cabinet configurations for all three combos feature two customized Eminence 10” drivers and a 1” tweeter all housed in a vertical 18mm hard-wearing plywood cabinet with a pull-up handle and wheels for easy transportation.
The combos also have speaker breakout connections to add additional cabinets and, as with any other TC Electronic amp, any combo can drive a combination of any three TC cabinets. Also, as the combos utilize the TC ‘stackability’ system, they can be expanded in a variety of ways. Add a brand new RS112 or RS212 by vertically stacking the cabinets, or even add an RS212 and RS410 for the ultimate power combo for those larger gigs.
For more information: