Dunlop and Daredevil Pedals Collab on Cry Baby Daredevil Fuzz Wah
This pedal was designed to fuse the sweet and expressive voice of a modded Cry Baby Wah with a gnarly custom fuzz circuit for a full palette of raw and aggressive tones.
“The release of this fuzz wah is pretty much a full-circle moment because the whole beginning of my path as a pedal builder started with me and a Cry Baby pedal, taking it apart, and just seeing what’s in there and what I can do with it,” says Johnny Wator, Daredevil Pedals’ builder and proprietor. The Cry Baby Daredevil Fuzz Wah comes from his love for classic vintage circuits and creating bold new sounds. He fine-tuned this circuit over several years before bringing it to Dunlop for consideration as a new addition to the lineup.
“I really care about this, and I want to inspire people,” Johnny says, “and I want it to be unique, and I want it to be well made, and I want musicians to take this, and do something incredible with it...Dunlop easily picked up on why I do this, and they reciprocated that in a really cool way.”
Cry Baby DareDevil Fuzz Wah
Cry Baby Daredevil Fuzz Wah Highlights:
- A full palette of raw and aggressive tones from Daredevil Pedals and the Cry Baby team
- Fuses the expressive voice of a modded Cry Baby with a gnarly custom fuzz circuit
- Heavy-duty baseball bat switch toggles fuzz on and off
- Internal pots control pedal output and fuzz intensity—perfect for instant lead tone
- Vintage crinkle finish base with polished aluminum rocker top and a custom tread
- Hand-built with thru-hole components and true bypass switching