Focusrite is proud to introduce the Clarett+ range of premium-quality USB audio interfaces for PC and Mac, which build on the strengths of the previous Clarett ranges. With improved converters and professional quality mic preamps, Clarett+ 2Pre, 4Pre and 8Pre interfaces inspire producers, engineers, and artists to make their best music.
The Ultimate Recording Preamp
Clarett+ interfaces feature professional quality mic preamps, which have very high headroom, low distortion, and ultra-low noise; so exceptionally pure recordings can be captured, whether miking guitars, recording vocals or tracking drums.
All-analogue Air with impedance switching and relay control brings clarity and presence, and makes vocals shine, by emulating the ISA 110 mic preamp from the classic Focusrite Studio Console.
Clear just got clearer
Improved high-dynamic-range A-D and D-A conversion with ultra-low distortion provides clearer mixes and stunning detail at all levels.
Hear the truth
Improved headphone outputs and DAC performance offer powerful, transparent sound at all levels — on any headphones — so producers, engineers and artists can make their best mix decisions and inspire amazing performances.
All the tools needed
A collection of software, including mixing plug-ins and virtual instruments, offers all the tools needed for the user to master their craft.
Clarett+ 2Pre is the audibly impressive, pure-sounding, bus-powered* USB-C interface for PC and Mac to inspire musicians on their creative journey.
Clarett+ 2Pre Key Features:
• Two professional-quality Clarett+ mic preamps featuring All-analogue Air with impedance switching and relay control.
• Two JFET instrument inputs allow the user to plug straight in and preserve the natural tone of their guitar, just like plugging into an amplifier.
• Independent A-D and D-A converters offer a greatly improved D-A dynamic range and lower A-D converter distortion.
• Clarett+ 2Pre is expandable using ADAT optical input..
Clarett+ 4Pre is the studio-grade audio interface for PC and Mac, designed for music makers who demand the highest quality while recording and mixing their audio creations.
Clarett+ 4Pre Key Features:
• Four professional-quality Clarett+ preamps featuring all-analogue Air.
• New and improved A-D and D-A converters, which deliver extremely low noise, low distortion, and high dynamic range.
• Two improved, powerful, transparent analogue headphone outputs.
• Two dedicated, ultra-high-impedance JFET instrument inputs and extremely wide audio bandwidth.
• Clarett+ 4Pre is expandable using ADAT optical input.
Clarett+ 8Pre Key Features:
• Eight professional-quality Clarett+ preamps featuring All-analogue Air that bring masses of headroom, low distortion, and ultra-low noise.
• New and improved A-D and D-A converters that deliver extremely low-distortion, low-noise audio with high dynamic range.
• Two improved, powerful, transparent analogue headphone outputs.
• Clarett+ 8Pre is expandable with ADAT optical input and output.
All Clarett+ audio interfaces run on rock-solid driver software for PC and Mac, bringing cross-platform compatibility that competitors lack. In addition, they come with a collection of software — including mixing plug-ins and virtual instruments — providing all the tools needed to create the best mixes.
For more information:
- Focusrite Announces the 2x2 Dante Interface - Premier Guitar ›
- Focusrite Unveils Scarlett Solo Interface - Premier Guitar ›
- Focusrite Launches Scarlett 3rd Generation Range - Premier Guitar ›
Looking for more great gear for the guitar player in your life (yourself included!)? Check out this year's Holiday Gear Finds!
D'Addario XPND Pedalboard
DR-05X Stereo Handheld Recorder
Wampler Pedals Ratsbane
Created in collaboration with legendary guitarist George Lynch of Dokken and Lynch Mob fame, the Mr.Scary Mod adds an adjustable tube gain stage and an onboard Deep control, which together are designed to enable an amp to have increased sustain while still retaining note definition and dynamics.
LegendaryTones, LLC today announced production availability of its new Mr. Scary Mod, a 100% pure tube module designed to instantly and easily expand the capabilities of many classic amplifiers with additional gain and tone shaping. Created in collaboration with legendary guitarist George Lynch of Dokken and Lynch Mob fame, the Mr.Scary Mod adds an adjustable tube gain stage and an onboard Deep control, which together are designed to enable an amp to have increased sustain while still retaining note definition and dynamics.
Originally released as the Lynch Mod in February 2021, the updated Mr. Scary Mod features the same core circuit as the Lynch Mod but is now equipped with a revised tube mix combo per George’s preference as well as a facelift in a newly redesigned electro-galvanized steel enclosure. As with the Lynch Mod, each run will be limited and the first run in Pumpkin Orange with Black hardware is limited to just 150 pieces worldwide.
The Mr. Scary Mod adds an adjustable tube gain stage on top of the cathode follower position, keeping note definition and articulation while further increasing sustain. Each Mr. Scary mod is meticulously built by hand in the USA, one at a time, and tuned using high-grade components. Equipped with a single ECC81 (12AT7) in the first position and ECC83 (12AX7) in the second, the Mr. Scary Mod can clean up beautifully when rolling down your guitar’s volume, and still adds scorching gain when you roll it back up. This is a gain stage that’s been tuned and approved by the ears of the maestro George Lynch himself.
“The Mr. Scary Mod excels with dynamics and is incredibly touch-responsive, allowing me to shift from playing clear, lightly compressed cleans to full-out aggressive sustain and distortion –and control it all simply by varying my guitar’s volume control and picking,” said GeorgeLynch. “In many ways, it’s an old-school approach, but it’s also so much more natural and expressive in addition to being musically fulfilling when you can play both the guitar and amp dynamically together this way.”
The Mr. Scary Mod installs in minutes, is safe and effective to use, and requires no special tools or re-biasing of the amplifier. Simply insert the module into the cathode follower preamp position of compatible amplifiers (includes Marshall 2203/2204/1959/1987 circuits) and
immediately get the benefit of enjoying a hot-rodded amp that delivers all the pure harmonic character that comes with an added pure tube gain stage. The handmade in the USA Mr. Scary Mod is now available to order for $319.
For more information, please visit legendarytones.com.
October Audio has miniaturized their NVMBR Gain pedal to create two mini versions of this beautifully organic-sounding circuit – including an always-on gain device.
The NVMBR Gain is a nonlinear amp that transitions gracefully from clean boost to overdriven tones. Volume increases from just over unity to about 10db before soft-clipping drive appears for another 5db of boost. Its extraordinary ease of use is matched by outstanding versatility: you can use it as a clean boost, push a stubborn amp into overdrive or create a just-breaking-up sound at any amp volume.
October Audio’s new family of mini NVMBR Gain pedals includes a switchable version that allows you to bypass the effect: one option features brand logo pedal graphics, while the other sports a fun “Witch Finger” graphic with a Davies knob as the“fingernail”.
The second version in the new lineup is an always-on device featuring the Witch Finger graphic and Davies knob, with the same NVMBR Gain circuit that lies at the core of the switchable version.
- Knob controls gain and clipping simultaneously
- Stunning silver hammertone finish
- Switchable versions are true-bypass, available with classic or witch finger graphics
- Authentic Davies knobs, including the “fingernail”
- 9V center negative power supply required
- Dimensions: 3.63 x 1.50 x 1.88 in
Witch Finger (always on NVMBR Gain) demo
All October Audio pedals are assembled in Richmond, VA, and available for purchase directly through the online shop. Street price is $109 for NVMBR Gain footswitch versions and $89 for the always-on device.
For more information, please visit octoberaudio.com.