MXR Introduces the Hybrid Fuzz
Aggressive silicon and shaggy germanium converge in a single circuit designed to offer a seismic spectrum of saturation.
An icon among fuzz pedals, the original Fuzz Face models featured germanium transistors, famous for their smooth, burly warmth. Later models would feature the more cutting and abrasive tones of silicon transistors. Each style made its mark on classic rock ’n’ roll tracks.
The MXR Hybrid Fuzz blends them together, fusing the snarling, high-gain aggression of silicon and the rich shag of germanium into an unprecedentedly brazen range of tones. The no-nonsense interface of Output and Fuzz controls is all you need to shape those tones to taste. Want searing psychedelica straight out of the ‘60s? The Hybrid Fuzz has you covered. Grinding high-desert riffage? Ditto—and that goes for everything in between. And it’s responsive to your guitar’s volume control, too, cleaning up nicely when you roll it back.
Plug into the MXR Hybrid Fuzz, and step into a whole new realm of supersonic saturation. Draped in a super tripped out finish courtesy of design studio One Horse Town, you’ll be dressed for the exploration.
- A new frontier of fuzz
- Combines snarling high-gain silicon and the shaggy warmth of germanium
- Broad range of tones with a simple two-knob interface
- Go from searing psychedelica to high-desert grindage
- Highly responsive to your guitar’s volume control
- Draped in a super tripped-out finish courtesy of design studio One Horse Town
MXR Hybrid Fuzz
For more information, please visit jimdunlop.com.
- Third Man Hardware and MXR Release the Double Down ›
- MXR M84 Bass Fuzz Deluxe Pedal Review ›
- MXR Super Badass Dynamic Overdrive Review ›