Walrus Audio continues to sharpen their offerings of versatile, quality dirt boxes with a fresh update to the Iron Horse distortion. The Iron Horse is Walrus' take on a classic distortion circuit that's thick, punchy, riffy, and rowdy. With the help of the Si/LED (Silicon/LED) knob and wide range of the distortion knob, this true bypass, high-gain behemoth can be finely tuned for clear overdriven sounds or let the reigns loose for a full-on distorted onslaught.
- Top-mounted jacks
- Soft relay true bypass on/off
- Fixed volume drop-off when the distortion knob is at minimum
- Re-imagined the hard clipping toggle as a blend style potentiometer, that allows you to blend between symmetrical silicon and diode clipping for a new variety of tones.
Walrus Audio Pedal Play: Iron Horse High-Gain Distortion
The Iron Horse V3 comes in a Gold finish with black ink. Artwork by illustrator David Hüttner features a new battle- ready stallion cloaked in armor.
The die-cast enclosure's exact size is 4.77" x 2.6" x 1.39". Power requirements are 9VDC (100mA minimum).
Walrus Audio is offering The Iron Horse for a retail price of $199 and is available as of October 26, 2021, at walrusaudio.com and with our authorized dealers worldwide.
- Rig Rundown: mewithoutYou - Premier Guitar ›
- The Gray Area: Thrice's Dustin Kensrue and Teppei Teranishi ... ›
- Walrus Audio Releases the Iron Horse Distortion V2 - Premier Guitar ›