Wampler Launches the Cory Wong Compressor
The Wampler Cory Wong compressor features two soft footswitches that operate each function of the pedal with a three-color LED indicator to show which mode is active
Designed to be more than just a Compressor and a Boost pedal, this dynamic toolkit shapes your tone with sparkling cleans and responsive compression either direct to your amp or straight into your recording interface.
The Wampler EGO compressor has been an integral part of Cory Wong’s signature sound for years, providing the light touch required to subtly drive the best from his tone, so this was a natural starting point for designing his signature pedal. Cory’s vision included some very specific features including an XLR out so he could go straight into a computer interface, mixing desk, or PA for those signature bright and clean tones. He also wanted to add a boost that allowed him to choose either a flat volume boost or a rich, saturated boost that could push his midrange a little, all in a compact pedal enclosure with two foot-switches and an always-ON mode allowing stage friendly operation. The Wampler Cory Wong Compressor delivers all of this with the premium build quality Wampler is known for.
The Compressor side offers complete control over Volume, Sustain, Attack, and Blend as well as Brian Wampler’s signature Tone control which can be dialed in to add sparkle and chime to your guitar’s tone. On the boost side, a single rotary boost control adjusts the amount of boost activated and a profile switch sets the mode of the boost circuit from a flat boost to a rich saturated boost with an extra vibrancy around the 550Hz range. Combine both channels for glorious compression and a powerful lead boost.
- Built-in the U.S.A
- Exclusive Cory Wong Signature Compressor + Boost pedal
- High quality op-amp buffered bypass
- Dual switch-able modes (Compression and Boost) in a single enclosure
- Boost mode switch for either a full frequency or rich saturated boost
- XLR Out and Ground Lift switch for direct connection to PA, Mixer, or Audio Interface
- Attack, Tone, Sustain, Volume and Blend controls for compressor
- Separate Boost level control
- Unique “Comp On” switch to permanently engage compressor
- High-grade components selected for superior sound and response
- Top mounted input and output jacks and power connector
- Dimensions: 2.5” x 4.6” x 1.5″ (64 mm x 120mm x 38mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
- Power draw: 30mA, 9V DC - Do not exceed 9V DC
- Includes limited 5-year warranty
- Wampler Pedals Introduces the Paisley Drive Deluxe ›
- Wampler Pedals SLOstortion Pedal Review ›
- Wampler Pedals Leviathan Pedal Review ›