Nashville, TN(April 26, 2011) -- Gibson has announced the latest iteration of their Les Paul Studio. The Gibson USA Les Paul Studio '60s takes the stripped-down Studio template and adds high-performance electronics with a '60s-style SlimTaper neck profile and black chrome hardware. Additional features include an ebony fretboard, a PLEK-cut Corian nut, a legendary Tune-o-matic bridge and stud-mounted wraparound tailpiece.
The Les Paul Studio '60s pickups are a 496R in the neck position and 500T in the bridge, one of Gibson's hottest pickups. The electronics include a pair of push/pull Volume pots that split each pickup together or individually.
The guitar has an MSRP of $2499, which includes a Gibson hardshell case and owner's manual, and is covered by Gibson's Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 Customer Service.
* Solid Mahogany body with solid carved Maple top
* ’60s-style SlimTaper neck profile
* Open coil "double black" 496R neck and 500T bridge ceramic pickups
* Twin volume pots with push/pull coil-tapping switches
* Black Grover tuners with 14:1 tuning ratio
For more information:
- Rig Rundowns
- Pro Advice