All these and more are brought back to life in the Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1960 ES-335TD, handcrafted by Gibson Custom’s Memphis division. For this celebration, Gibson Custom is offering the later 1960 "fast neck profile" version. This model is available in Antique Vintage Sunburst, Antique Faded Cherry or Antique Natural finish, all aged in Gibson’s acclaimed VOS (Vintage Original Specs) process, and loaded with period-correct hardware including insert volume and tone knobs, double band tuners, and a pair of accurate PAF-style 57 Classic humbucking pickups.
Additionally the neck features a holly head veneer, tortoise shell side dot material and has been completely re-tooled with accurate truss rod channel depth and profile based on scans by the Gibson Custom Shop Engineering Team.
With its historically accurate tonewoods, electronics, and hardware, the Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1960 ES-335TD packs all the tonal versatility of the original. All Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1960 ES-335TDs come with a silkscreened Gibson Custom Shop hardshell case, a Certificate of Authenticity and a full complement of “how to” literature.
- ’60s SlimTaper neck profile
- Availble in VOS or gloss nitrocellulose finishes
- Pair of PAF-style ’57 Classic humbucking pickups
- "Bumble Bee" tone capacitors
- Green-button Kluson-style tuners
- VOS MSRP: $5645 (Antique Faded Cherry and Antique Vintage Sunburst) and $6115 (Antique Natural)
- Gloss MSRP: $5880 (Antique Faded Cherry and Antique Vintage Sunburst) and $6351 (Antique Natural)
For more information:
Gibson Custom 50th Anniversary 1960 ES-335TD