A polyphonic pitch shifting pedal with a design capable of reproducing the feel and sound of the classic Bigsby tremolo arm.
The pedal features Rate, Blend, Tone, and Depth controls, plus an Invert switch on the back panel to change the pitch shift direction, while the Detune parameter mimics the imperfections and dissonant properties of traditional mechanical string-bending hardware. The Bigsby Pedal is also equipped with an external Footswitch Input to turn on Latching Mode as well as an Expression Output that allows you to use the Bigsby as a spring-loaded EXP controller for other audio devices. The Bigsby also offers full MIDI CC and PC control over all parameters, including preset recalling, and clock syncing. These MIDI capabilities make the Bigsby Pedal a versatile tool for any musician.
The new pedal is being released in close collaboration with Fender - the Bigsby brand's parent company. The partnership began in the summer of 2019 when Gamechanger Audio approached Fender with the idea to create a Bigsby-style pitch-shifting pedal. This idea was born out of a long-standing admiration for the Bigsby system’s unique feel, sound, and design. Gamechanger Audio's main goal was to develop a powerful new algorithm to offer Bigsby tones digitally while keeping the pedal's interface as close as possible to Paul Bigsby’s timeless hardware design.
- EXP OUT: This allows you to use the Bigsby as a unique spring-loaded Expression Controller with fully adjustable Depth, Rate and Offset controls – for modulating any expression parameters of other pedals and effects units (via a TRS 1⁄4” jack cable). The BIGSBY Pedal’s Expression Output can be used either in parallel with or independently from the pitch-shifting algorithm.
- FSW IN: The Bigsby Pedal’s FSW IN connector is compatible with all standard momentary or toggle type footswitches with a TS (Tip/Sleeve) 1⁄4” jack (normally closed or normally open). You can also use a dual-latching footswitch with a TRS jack – in this case, only one side of the footswitch will work. Pressing the footswitch will activate Latch mode. When latched, the Bigsby will hold a constant interval determined by the current position of the Depth knob – this way, you don’t have to hold down the Bigsby Pedal for long phrases. When in Latch mode, you can still use the Bigsby’s foot-pedal to make momentary dives and detune effects up to two semitones. Pressing the opposite side of the foot-pedal will flip the pitch shift direction.
- MIDI IN (3.5mm type B connector): This allows you to control all functions of the Bigsby Pedal via CC messages and create and save presets onto ten preset slots, syncing the Rate parameter to a specific tempo (with subdivisions), and more.
BIGSBY Pedal Features Overview | Part 1 | Gamechanger Audio
$379.00 USD. Bigsby Pedal Product Page: gamechangeraudio.com/bigsby-pedal.
- Gamechanger Audio and Third Man Records Announce the Plasma ... ›
- Gamechanger Audio: Robots, Bug Zappers & Motor-Driven Dreams ... ›
- Gamechanger Audio LIGHT Pedal Review - Premier Guitar ›
Kick off the holiday season by shopping for the guitar player in your life at Guitar Center! Now through December 24th 2022, save on exclusive instruments, accessories, apparel, and more with hundreds of items at their lowest prices of the year.
We’ve compiled this year’s best deals in the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide presented by Guitar Center.
Fender honors the indie-legend with signature pickups and accessories.
Fender announces the J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster Pickups, an ode to one of alternative music’s most prolific shredders. Throughout Dinosaur Jr’s twelve album discography and his rich solo career, Mascis has established himself as one of guitar playing’s most tone-savvy and ferocious players.
At the heart of his genre-defining, nearly four decades-long legacy is the Fender Jazzmaster. Not only does the bold and angular design of the Jazzmaster lend itself to a player as subversive as Mascis, but there is no instrument that sounds quite like it. That is, until now.
Compared to the tones on the Fender J Mascis Signature Telecaster and the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster, Mascis notes,“The new pickups have a sweeter more vintage sound,” and as his hopes for what people might feel when they test out the new pickups, J Mascis adds, “I hope they feel like playing their guitar, ideally they could make a song that could be my new favorite record!”
Key Features Include:
- Neck Pickup: 7.27K and Bridge Pickup: 7.31K DC Resistance
- Neck Pickup: 3.6 Henries, Bridge Pickup: 3.7 Henries Inductance
- Enamel-coated magnet wire delivers warm vintage-style tones
- Alnico 2 rod magnets for warm, sweet output
- Flush-mount pole pieces produce even string response
- Installation hardware include
Exploring the J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster Pickup Set | Artist Signature Series | Fender
The pickups are being released as part of a larger collection of signature J Mascis Accessories which include J Mascis Magenta Flower Strap, J Mascis Yellow Burst Strap, J Mascis Coiled Instrument Cable and J Mascis Dinosaur Jr. Pick Tin.
For more information, please visit fender.com.
Charvel unveils its new collab with guitarist Marco Sfogli.
Charvel unveils its new collaboration with PFM and Icefish guitarist Marco Sfogli. To pay homage to a guitarist whose sonic capabilities seem to know no bounds, Charvel has sought out to create a signature instrument as limitless as the player who inspired it. A pair of active EMG SA single-coils in the middle and neck positions effortlessly evoke classic Stratocaster bell tones, while an EMG ‘89 bridge humbucker provides a powerful bite. The signature model’s bolt-on maple neck has received a unique “caramelized” heat and drying treatment that imbues the wood with a warmth and comfort that is usually unique to expensive vintage instruments.
- Alder body with quilted maple top
- Scalloped lower back bout and cut heel
- Bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement, 22 jumbo frets, and Luminlay side dot inlays.
- EMG SA single-coil neck and middle pickups, EMG ‘89 humbucking bridge pickup.
- Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Five-way blade pickup selector, tone control, and volume control with push/pull coil splitting capabilities for the bridge pickup.
Marco Sfogli Presents His Signature Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSS FR QM
- Signature S1-style guitar designed in collaboration with Marco Sfogli
- Classic alder body with an unmistakable California sound
- Quilt maple top for added tonal depth and a premium look
- For more information, please visit charvel.com.
A highly versatile sonic tool, the pedal can deliver a broad range of tones – everything from mild, wonderfully organic overdrive to medium-gain crunch with a richly satisfying midrange kick.
The pedal is a collaboration between Shnobel Tone and guitarist, songwriter, composer, and record producer Frank Simes. Based in Hollywood, Simes‘ long list of credits includes work with A-list artists such as Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Warren Zevon, RodStewart, Roger Waters, Roger Daltrey, and Martha Davis from The Motels. Additionally, Simes was the musical director for The Who for many years.
Its touch sensitivity makes it a perfect choice for guitarists who rely on precise right-hand technique, and it cleans up nicely when you roll back your guitar's volume knob.
Frank Simes Overdrive features include:
- Three knobs: Volume, Gain, and Tone controls
- True bypass foot switch
- Top mounted power and in/out jacks
- Hand-built with through-hole components
- Crinkle-coated diecast aluminum enclosure, dimensions 4.7 x 3.7 Inches
- Standard 9v center negative power – no battery compartment
Frank Simes Signature Overdrive
Shnobel Tone’s Frank Simes Overdrive has a suggested retail price and MAP of $249.
For more information, please visit shnobeltone.com.