Week #2 is here! You could win one of SIX Pedals! This giveaway ends September 26, 2022.
This page contains affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links may support Premier Guitar financially.
The Soft Focus patch on the Yamaha FX500 was widely used in the ‘90s by early shoegaze bands, most notably Slowdive on Souvlaki. With its roots in that patch, the Catalinbread Soft Focus is intended to be an instant shoegaze button, while addressing the most glaring issues of the original unit. The original unit had a very plug-and-play approach, offering no mix control, a sub-par preamp and a ghastly tone-sucking bypass signal. At its heart, the Soft Focus is a heavily modified plate reverb with adjustable time, which is subsequently split into three. One path contains a “symphonic” chorus modulator, another features a well-appointed octave-up mixed in with the reverb, and the third path leaves the reverb untouched. The Mod knob controls the rate of the chorus on path one, and the Symphony knob controls the level of the octave on path two. All controls are "coupled" to the tone of the reverb to give users an expansive playing field of sounds to discover and fine tune. Our Soft Focus is not an exact recreation but was exhaustively compared with our own FX500; the difference is that a fairly generic fixed-time digital delay is present on the Soft Focus patch. We found that leaving this feature intact ate into the patch’s memory just a little too much for such little payoff, so we leave that addition to you and your favorite delay.
NEED A SMALL RIG FOR STUDIO WORK, PRACTICE OR CRAMPED GIG SPACES?
The EARTHBOARD EBII-SR is a junior version of the EBII! It has all the innovative features that came with the original EARTHBOARD as well as new built-ins designed to simplify the process of building and using your rig! The world's only magnetically designed and powered complete Effects Pedal System comes with everything you need so you can Focus on the Music, Not the Set-Up. Just add your pedals and patch cables - in under 30 minutes - and you're on your way...
EARTHBOARD EBII-SR System holds up to 5 standard size pedals plus 1 battery and comes with:
5 Gravity Boots (for 4 pedals and the battery)
Gravity Boots come with "fuzzy" hook-side Velcro to easily transfer your pedals from your current board
4 Gravity Boot Tethers and 1 Battery Tether (connecting cables) to provide power from the Gravity Boots to your pedals
Standard 9v, 10,000mA long-lasting, rechargeable battery (includes USB charging cable and mesh carry pouch)
PLUS these unique built-in features:
- undermount Blue LED lights for the cool factor
- 2 Battery Port Input Jacks (side-mounted) for the option to place the battery on the floor next to the board to make room for one more pedal!
- 2 Power Port Input/Output Jacks - 1 on each side for maximum flexibility to: convert to wall power if desired (AC adapter sold separately), power a pedal on the floor next to the board rather than on the board (Requires the Lifeline Tether, sold separately) or connect additional EARTHBOARDs because one battery can power multiple connected EARTHBOARDs (Requires the Lifeline Tether, sold separately)
Compare this complete Effects Pedal Platform to plain ol' pedalboards. It comes with everything you need to get playing - just add your pedals and patch cables! And it's the cleanest, uncluttered rig available because we've eliminated the messy cobweb of daisy chains and power cords! The flexible, modular design allows you to build upon, move and re-arrange pedals and change your rig on the fly. No need to schedule half a day to modify your board…So you can Focus on the Music, not the Set-Up!
The Shawn Tubbs Tilt Overdrive is the tonal culmination of a lifetime in music. Shawn not only needed a practical tone tool to give him the right sound quickly in any musical context - he aimed to combine the greatest vintage amp tones & recorded guitar sounds of all time into one ideal sound. Now that tone is available to you in a compact 9v double pedal with a unique Tilt Boost.
**A harmonic tremolo pedal you can keep on Earth, or get lost in space**
This harmonic tremolo gives you a huge range of tonal possibilities. It can be used as a standalone tremolo, optionally with with some layered on reverb, or you can dial in some complex textured delays and feedback to create dreamy soundscapes. And of course you have everything inbetween.
If we get to choose only one piece of gear to take on tour: how would we want it to be? The Microtubes Infinity shares the footmark of the Darkglass programmable line, packed with our three legendary Microtubes distortions: B3K, Vintage, and X. It allows multiband compression on every mode and blending Impulse responses between distortions: an infinity of possibilities.
Up to one second delay with pitch-shifting modulation. And that modulation! Pitch shifting modulation on the repeats which makes those delays sound MASSIVE! And the modulation is foot-switchable: leave it on for those big clean chords, and turn it off when you kick in the overdrive for that crushing solo.
- Repeats controllable from one to infinite.
- Mix control to perfectly dial in the amount of effect.
- Tone control to adjust the tone of the delayed signal from a hard bright room to a soft dark room.
- Foot-switchable pitch shifting modulation with Speed and Intensity controls.
- Full bypass wth fail-safe relay control; the effect is automatically bypassed if the pedalboard looses power.
- 9V DC input.
Kick off the holiday season by shopping for the guitar player in your life at Guitar Center! Now through December 24th 2022, save on exclusive instruments, accessories, apparel, and more with hundreds of items at their lowest prices of the year.
We’ve compiled this year’s best deals in the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide presented by Guitar Center.
Fender honors the indie-legend with signature pickups and accessories.
Fender announces the J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster Pickups, an ode to one of alternative music’s most prolific shredders. Throughout Dinosaur Jr’s twelve album discography and his rich solo career, Mascis has established himself as one of guitar playing’s most tone-savvy and ferocious players.
At the heart of his genre-defining, nearly four decades-long legacy is the Fender Jazzmaster. Not only does the bold and angular design of the Jazzmaster lend itself to a player as subversive as Mascis, but there is no instrument that sounds quite like it. That is, until now.
Compared to the tones on the Fender J Mascis Signature Telecaster and the Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster, Mascis notes,“The new pickups have a sweeter more vintage sound,” and as his hopes for what people might feel when they test out the new pickups, J Mascis adds, “I hope they feel like playing their guitar, ideally they could make a song that could be my new favorite record!”
Key Features Include:
- Neck Pickup: 7.27K and Bridge Pickup: 7.31K DC Resistance
- Neck Pickup: 3.6 Henries, Bridge Pickup: 3.7 Henries Inductance
- Enamel-coated magnet wire delivers warm vintage-style tones
- Alnico 2 rod magnets for warm, sweet output
- Flush-mount pole pieces produce even string response
- Installation hardware include
Exploring the J Mascis Signature Jazzmaster Pickup Set | Artist Signature Series | Fender
The pickups are being released as part of a larger collection of signature J Mascis Accessories which include J Mascis Magenta Flower Strap, J Mascis Yellow Burst Strap, J Mascis Coiled Instrument Cable and J Mascis Dinosaur Jr. Pick Tin.
For more information, please visit fender.com.
Charvel unveils its new collab with guitarist Marco Sfogli.
Charvel unveils its new collaboration with PFM and Icefish guitarist Marco Sfogli. To pay homage to a guitarist whose sonic capabilities seem to know no bounds, Charvel has sought out to create a signature instrument as limitless as the player who inspired it. A pair of active EMG SA single-coils in the middle and neck positions effortlessly evoke classic Stratocaster bell tones, while an EMG ‘89 bridge humbucker provides a powerful bite. The signature model’s bolt-on maple neck has received a unique “caramelized” heat and drying treatment that imbues the wood with a warmth and comfort that is usually unique to expensive vintage instruments.
- Alder body with quilted maple top
- Scalloped lower back bout and cut heel
- Bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement, 22 jumbo frets, and Luminlay side dot inlays.
- EMG SA single-coil neck and middle pickups, EMG ‘89 humbucking bridge pickup.
- Floyd Rose 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Five-way blade pickup selector, tone control, and volume control with push/pull coil splitting capabilities for the bridge pickup.
Marco Sfogli Presents His Signature Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSS FR QM
- Signature S1-style guitar designed in collaboration with Marco Sfogli
- Classic alder body with an unmistakable California sound
- Quilt maple top for added tonal depth and a premium look
- For more information, please visit charvel.com.
A highly versatile sonic tool, the pedal can deliver a broad range of tones – everything from mild, wonderfully organic overdrive to medium-gain crunch with a richly satisfying midrange kick.
The pedal is a collaboration between Shnobel Tone and guitarist, songwriter, composer, and record producer Frank Simes. Based in Hollywood, Simes‘ long list of credits includes work with A-list artists such as Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Warren Zevon, RodStewart, Roger Waters, Roger Daltrey, and Martha Davis from The Motels. Additionally, Simes was the musical director for The Who for many years.
Its touch sensitivity makes it a perfect choice for guitarists who rely on precise right-hand technique, and it cleans up nicely when you roll back your guitar's volume knob.
Frank Simes Overdrive features include:
- Three knobs: Volume, Gain, and Tone controls
- True bypass foot switch
- Top mounted power and in/out jacks
- Hand-built with through-hole components
- Crinkle-coated diecast aluminum enclosure, dimensions 4.7 x 3.7 Inches
- Standard 9v center negative power – no battery compartment
Frank Simes Signature Overdrive
Shnobel Tone’s Frank Simes Overdrive has a suggested retail price and MAP of $249.
For more information, please visit shnobeltone.com.